The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-08-2007, 03:02 AM   #51
bigblockorange

Re: good question

Hey Krue I've been past Hattiesburg many times. Where is Bill from? I miss oldmiss wish I could get the time to stop down your way. My bud lives in Diebreville sorry about the spelling. He sells alot of vette/camaro parts. Don C. he hangs with the guys from Coastal Corvette auto salvage not sure if they are still open anymore.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:23 AM   #52
krue
Designated A-hole!

Bill lives behind the airport in Gulfport.

We're Still Debt Free Except for the House!!!
www.daveramsey.com

70 GMC SWB Stepside project "Green Booger" soon to be 6.0l/4l80e
93 S-10 "Poppaw's Truck"
krue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:15 AM   #53
bigblockorange

Anyone going to trucks at Carlisle PA?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:52 AM   #54
bigblockorange

Ttt
Old 06-03-2007, 01:20 AM   #55
AR15DEFENSE
Resident Absorber

I had a lowered 79 cutlass with 400 horse olds 350/th350 dual 3" flowmasters... no rust but needed paint. my fiancee didn't even like to walk past it in the driveway. she never once rode in it When I got my '72, I caught her staring at it out the window one day, when I asked her what she was looking at she told me to hurry up and get it done so she can ride in it. Guess no more oldsmobiles around here
Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 AM   #56
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

My ex wife always liked my first truck, the old blue longhorn. She drove it plenty, and rode in it quite a bit too.
The second one.. .the 69 SWB GMC, she couldn't stand. Drove it around the block once, that was it. Rode in it quite a bit, but not by choice.
This one.... it never saw pavement while we were still married, and rode in it once... to and from our divorce. She just admited to me 2 days ago that she likes this one more than the first one, and would love to drive it.
Told her to kiss my ass.
Now... my girlfriend on the other hand.... she thinks it's cooler than any other beater she's seen, and even bought me a big block for it. (is that cool or what?) and loved cruising around in it, but did comment on the stereo not being loud enough.

No photos of the ex with any of mytrucks... and you wouldn't wanna see her anyways.
I do however, have a few photos of the girlfriend with it.... but I ain't postin those ones.

Last edited by Longhorn Man; 06-03-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:48 AM   #57
GMC Jim

Took quite a bit of persuasion to get my wife to ride in the truck..... She does like it better when it is raining, as she gets to sit in the cab !
Old 06-03-2007, 03:04 AM   #58
WinDancer
The Original HotRod KnifeMaker

Just got the new cowl hood on and the hood pins in place. Yesterday was the first day home with the truck drivable. My sweetie has been asking for a ride for months, she knows how much I like the truck. Took her down to the 50s style diner for a burger and shake about 7:30. Her eyes lit up every time the tires did. Guess I'll keep 'em both. Will post a few pics tomorrow.
I always make it clear to my wife how much I like her. Maybe that is paying off some in other ways
Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 AM   #59
AR15DEFENSE
Resident Absorber

after thinking about it, I do have a pic. I managed to get my fiancee L, and my buddies GF R, both in there....

Attached Images

Old 06-03-2007, 05:01 AM   #60
AR15DEFENSE
Resident Absorber

obviously not a photoshopper.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:05 AM   #61
haus
MMMM Ramen!

My wife only drove the pickup once. Mind you, this was before I added power steering... We were at a friends house about a block away. I had too many beers and she couldn't drink because she was about 7 months pregnant at the time. Poor girl was outta breath by the time she made two left turns. I WISH I had a camera for that one!

But she absolutly HATES my trucks. She gets mad any time I even mention buying something. And she won't ride in em unless there's absolutly nothing else to drive. I wish there was a medication to fix that...

- 1970 chevy blazer
haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #62
69RAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyholic View Post
My wife just sees my truck as competition for her "decorating" budget. I really don't think its any competition at all.
I'm so tired of "It's only an old truck" or "Its still an old truck".

new comeback? "You're still an old bit%*"

The only time she'll ride is towing the boat to go tubing or fishing with the grandkids!!
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 AM   #63
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Re: good qustion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEET72 View Post
I guess I didn't marry a prisser. She drives the '72 while I am fixing her '95 Jimmy. I drive a '89 S-10 rat for now.
I'm sure she loves all the attention from the guys driving your truck!
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #64
Sport/Truck
Sierra Grande Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
My wife only drove the pickup once. Mind you, this was before I added power steering... We were at a friends house about a block away. I had too many beers and she couldn't drink because she was about 7 months pregnant at the time. Poor girl was outta breath by the time she made two left turns. I WISH I had a camera for that one!

But she absolutly HATES my trucks. She gets mad any time I even mention buying something. And she won't ride in em unless there's absolutly nothing else to drive. I wish there was a medication to fix that...
Chloroform is probably your best bet…
s/t
1971 GMC Sierra Grande, 1/2 ton short wide, original 4 bolt 010 020 block & heads. (matching #'s). 383 stroker, SMI q jet 750 cfm, Lunati Voodoo 60102 cam, Scorpion roller rockers, Spin Tech pro street mufflers with X pipe.
Sport/Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #65
TonyJohnson

My wife Kathy drives our Durango and has an attitude about it... lol

She told me she'd stay away from my truck, if I'd stay away from her horse.

Last edited by TonyJohnson; 06-04-2007 at 01:52 AM.
TonyJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #66
bigblockorange

You guys can always make me laugh with your stories and pics. Since mine doesn't like cameras or trucks I guess I'll have to keep the thread alive!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:28 PM   #67
LEEVON

10 years ago we were dating and I had the bed off for some cleaning. She rode into town like that one day, and when she saw us in the widows on the "square" (small town thing) she must have realized how it looked and wanted out. I didn't hesitate and pulled over to the curb and let her walk. I also took the opportunity to remind her the truck was there first. Since we got that got that straight, been married 5 years and the truck is still in the garage. And yes, she will drive it and I have some pics somewhere.

True Story:

I was going to see the girlfriend (now wife) at college and couldn't get into the dorm so I was sitting on the curb by my truck. Without exaggerating, one of the most natural beaties I've ever seen sits down right next to me on the curb. She's maybe 5'-10", long blond ponytail, country look, perfect features (like the Joe Dirt chick Brandy). She says "that's a '71 right?... I could tell by the door panels and the mirror, my uncle had the same truck and I have always wanted one, blue and white, just like yours." I was in shock. Then she says "how about we go for a ride?" I was even more shocked and about then the girlfriend came out to get me and I feebly said goodbye and never told that story to anyone. True.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #68
sodak69c10

my ex gf used to love my truck and still does actually, one of my cousins friends(6' tall blonde hair to her sholders) needed a lift the other day so i gave her a ride , she was grinning from ear to ear everytime i stompedon it from a red light, especially when i raced a 01 chevy pick-up

69 C-10 short stepside 406 sbc, 02 YAMAHA WR250F, 07 SUZUKI SV650S, 81 Grand Prix 355 sbc, 81 XT 500 YAMAHA

Last edited by sodak69c10; 06-03-2007 at 11:33 PM.
sodak69c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #69
mvfd70

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

I wish my wife would understand that it costs money to work on these. She doesn't care that I have it or that I even work on it. She just looks at me in disgust when I mention buying something for it. Funny thing about that is I'm supposed to rebuild her 78 K20 (used to be her dads farm truck) when I'm done with mine.
mvfd70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 PM   #70
boogie67

My wife enjoys my truck as much as me.She helps me work on it.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:09 AM   #71
haus
MMMM Ramen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport/Truck View Post
Chloroform is probably your best bet…
s/t

- 1970 chevy blazer
haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #72
trkklr77
Account Suspended

Location: vacaville ca, because it as far from indy as i can be

i built my truck with an auto for one reason, and i hate auto trannies, so she would sit next to me again on the bench seat. no dice!!! she not only got mad at me for insisting that we take it but an actual argument over it. i spent 6 months building the f ing thing so we could cruise around in the summer and she wants to drive this crappy 07 cobalt.

she used to love riden next to me in my 4x4 till i put the stick in, its stayn stick so i figured it would be nice to have her at least ride in the shorty. shes driven the 4x4 when it was an auto once, wheeled it a little with the stick, but wouldnt shift it, i doubt she could handle the power that the shorty puts down.
trkklr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #73
bigblockorange

just added some pics still the ole lady won't ride in them!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:03 PM   #74
71tahoe

Manual steering, 3 on the tree. My wife only drove mine to mow around/under it. 15' back and 15' forward. Burnt up a clutch.
71tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:29 AM   #75
see ten
WTB this ad

I found this pic today. We drove the C10 to my wifes graduation last May (2006) and left straight from there for Maggie Valley.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote