The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #26
425HP409
425hp409

Re: "Whom" with any importance are you realted to

My 16th Grandfather was John Haley who married the daughter of John Speed. John Speed was a mapmaker and a Geneologist who made a lineage of Adam and Eve all the way to Jesus. He invented what we now call the Family Tree type of lineage. He was a friend of King James of England who had the "King James" Bible published in English in 1611. The King liked the lineage that John Speed did of Adam to Jesus so he had it printed as a preface in the early versions of the King James Bible. I have a reprint of the 1611 Bible and it is in it and I also saw an original printed Bible in a display and it was in it also.
I have attached some photos for anyone interested of an original printing Bible with the Geneology in it.
Attached Images

64 Bel Air Wagon, 400 Small Block
57 Bel Air all original 283 w/Factory Air
77 GMC Sprint, 454/425HP
67 Olds 442, all original
90 ZR1 Corvette
425HP409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:39 PM   #27
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

My son is related to me. That makes him famous, right?
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #28
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
My niece who is our go to person for our family tree findings ,,,found a relative in our family tree from right around being born 1900 ,,his name was Roy Davis Jr. and he lived in and around Rapid City South Dakoto ,, now if by chance his roots spread on down the line to Mr Larry Davis which is on this forum with us ,,then I would say Roy was very important ,other wise a lot of the Davis's wouldnt be here today.. just a thought ,,lol ..
I don't know of a Dakota connection on the Davis side. Four generations back my g-g-g-g-grandpa Davis was born just north of here in Missouri. He and my g-g-g-g grandmother were married in Missouri City, TX. Nobody has talked about how that came about because she was from here too.

He was a trail boss, so I suspect he was in TX on a cattle drive.

He died in Springfield, MO in a hotel room of asphyxiation. He had taken a herd of cattle to Springfield, MO to the railroad and got a room for the night. The Hotel had new gas lamps unfamiliar to my relative. At bedtime he blew the flame out instead of turning the valve off.

My grandpa Claude Lay was born in Russellville, AR where your niece is GOPAPA.

other Larry

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #29
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by 425HP409 View Post
My 16th Grandfather was John Haley who married the daughter of John Speed. John Speed was a mapmaker and a Geneologist who made a lineage of Adam and Eve all the way to Jesus. He invented what we now call the Family Tree type of lineage. He was a friend of King James of England who had the "King James" Bible published in English in 1611. The King liked the lineage that John Speed did of Adam to Jesus so he had it printed as a preface in the early versions of the King James Bible. I have a reprint of the 1611 Bible and it is in it and I also saw an original printed Bible in a display and it was in it also.
I have attached some photos for anyone interested of an original printing Bible with the Geneology in it.
That is interesting Charles. When was that Bible printed?
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #30
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I don't know of a Dakota connection on the Davis side. Four generations back my g-g-g-g-grandpa Davis was born just north of here in Missouri. He and my g-g-g-g grandmother were married in Missouri City, TX. Nobody has talked about how that came about because she was from here too.

He was a trail boss, so I suspect he was in TX on a cattle drive.

He died in Springfield, MO in a hotel room of asphyxiation. He had taken a herd of cattle to Springfield, MO to the railroad and got a room for the night. The Hotel had new gas lamps unfamiliar to my relative. At bedtime he blew the flame out instead of turning the valve off.

My grandpa Claude Lay was born in Russellville, AR where your niece is GOPAPA.

other Larry
Interesting ,,and I guess that's about it... shoot ! was hoping I would be at the top of the line for inheriting the new truck you just bought,, lol..
Old 12-13-2016, 03:20 PM   #31
paul blair

My Father-William V. Blair--5TH ARMY RANGER DIVISON landed OMAHA BEACH D DAY with His fellow RANGERS (most of them did not make it!) scaled the 100 foot cliff, battled the Germans and secured the area after intense Fighting. "BUD" was caring explosives to take out the bunkers, He did not think He would make it (after a bullet hit his helmet-knocked him out) so when he woke up he dumped all the explosives in the first bunker he was able to reach! He got shot in the leg and spent time in hospital and went on to the Cherbourg Peninsula to free Belgium and Holland! My Father was a kind and humble MAN who did not talk about war much to me so what I know was told to me by some of his friends. So I think He was important to the World and the FREEDOM at that time and today! I worked for him about 15 years and always asked if I could buy his 69 K/10--His last year working He gave it to me for Christmas--I still have it today--I call it BUD. Happy Holidays and Happy Trails to YOU ALL!
Attached Images

paul blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:07 PM   #32
Tom
driving is in my blood

Good o'l Napoleon of France. But I don't tell people much since I don't like the french.
-CBR600F4i, CBR600RR, CBR1000RR, and standup skis
DISCLAIMER: I cant spell for the life of me.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 03:12 PM   #33
aharper33

Some pretty cool stories on here. From what I have heard are family is related some how to King Loius III. And since we cant all be related to cool famous people, I have also heard some stories of a member of our family was a major part of the KKK in Indiana when it first started there, I believe in the teens but have no proof that this was true or a name to go with the stories either. Only other thing about our family is that we have pictures dating back around 150 years.
aharper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:31 AM   #34
Gotenntitans

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul blair View Post
My Father-William V. Blair--5TH ARMY RANGER DIVISON landed OMAHA BEACH D DAY with His fellow RANGERS (most of them did not make it!) scaled the 100 foot cliff, battled the Germans and secured the area after intense Fighting. "BUD" was caring explosives to take out the bunkers, He did not think He would make it (after a bullet hit his helmet-knocked him out) so when he woke up he dumped all the explosives in the first bunker he was able to reach! He got shot in the leg and spent time in hospital and went on to the Cherbourg Peninsula to free Belgium and Holland! My Father was a kind and humble MAN who did not talk about war much to me so what I know was told to me by some of his friends. So I think He was important to the World and the FREEDOM at that time and today! I worked for him about 15 years and always asked if I could buy his 69 K/10--His last year working He gave it to me for Christmas--I still have it today--I call it BUD. Happy Holidays and Happy Trails to YOU ALL!
That's a hero story right there. Thanks for telling us about your brave father. My mom had three older brothers who were fighting in WWII when she was born in 1943. They all came home and as it turned out, only one was in real fighting over in the Phillippines against the Japanese. He told some tales that would let you know just how bad war is and just how lucky he was to have made it home. He would get me out of school and take me fishing when I was about 15 years old. I would paddle him around and we'd fish and he'd drink beer and smoke cigarettes. After a few beers is when the stories would come.
GTT
2003 Chevy Silverado
Gotenntitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:03 AM   #35
100%Chevy

Quote:
Your dad was a real hero!
I can imagine how proud you are!
I had 2 uncles who were at Pearl Harbor and survived.They were my mom's oldest brothers.Both Navy.
And,my step-dad was an Air Force pilot in WW2.His nick-name was "Lucky"!His real name was George M. Jones!(not the country singer!).
They are the ones who made this country what it is!
We must keep their memory alive!
Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:50 PM   #36
sboris

Somehow related to the HUNTS ketchup people according to my mom. I hate Hunts ketchup.
My sister married Daisy Fuentes's cousin from MTV if that counts.... woowoo
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:12 PM   #37
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

I stated right off the get go that I do not think I am related to any one of importance ,,,but I do have a nephew that was related to HERSHEY CANDY COMPANY and about 20 years ago he got a lot of money from them from inheritance .
Old 12-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #38
kcsa75

Quote:
My dad - one of five brothers serving in WWII - landed at Utah Beach on D-Day. He then took part in the Battle of the Bulge serving under Gen. George Patton. He didn't talk about the war and died when I was 18. Years later, after seeing the movie Saving Private Ryan, I began to understand why.

My Uncle Fritz, a career Army officer, was stationed in Washington, D.C. in the early 1960s and was a member of the team that planned President Kennedy's funeral. There were several living former Presidents at the time and Fritz told me they had plans in place for each of them. But because Kennedy was in his mid-40s nobody expected him to die, so there were no plans on the shelf for his funeral. Fritz told me he didn't sleep for four days.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 11:07 PM   #39
Shorty Cox

Let me think,,,I want to get it correct.. My mother and Donald Trump's mother were both mothers.

Shorty
Shorty Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #40
special-K
Special Order

I guess important is a relative term. Important to who and when? Lots of important events have happened through the years, such as those which led to the development of the USA before it was it's own nation or before Europeans lived beyond the east coast. Many things may seem small today.

On my mom's side I am descended from the first white man to settle Garrett County, MD... the extreme western county in the state. It was Washington County, then Allegheny, and finally Garrett once the B&O railroad came through. Garrett is the name of the owner of the Railroad.
But, John Friend was an Indian Trader and fourth generation in America. He asked permission from the Shawnee to bring his family and settle the basin they called The Hunters Bowl that is now Friendsville, MD... since 1765. He and one of his sons went off to fight the Revolutionary War. The very SW tip of MD, at the source of the Potomac River and creating the western boundary north to PA was disputed by Lord Fairfax (VA). He sent a survey party to find this point, but they got lost and returned with less men. Another attempt was made and John Friend led them to the source and the Fairfax stone was set. John worked with George Washington on other surveys well. He was the 4th generation of Indian traders who worked their way into the wilderness in the west traveling up the Potomac River into the mountains. His forefathers (and mine) were first to settle areas along the way. They had good relations with the Indians. One of John's elders was appointed Ambassador of the Indians in colonial times. In the later 1700s when Pontiac's War took place, the Friend family was one of the few families who didn't flee the active fighting area of the western Alleghenies.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sF2xRcWhwXIN9A

http://cimlg.org/ciblog/wp-content/u...ndian-deed.jpg

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 12-19-2016 at 03:35 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:24 PM   #41
Coley

Smile Re: "Whom" with any importance are you realted to

Well...I can see a bit of ww2 related theme here so I'll weigh in.
My Uncle Albert joined the airforce (RCAF) in WW2 and trained as a spitfire pilot. He was relatively young by todays standards (early 20's) and flew something like 240 missions and did 2-3 tours....you only had to serve one tour of duty at the time and the estimated lifespan of spitfire pilot was usually measured in hours.
My cousins still have his flight log which my Mom had them make a copy of for her. I have read it and it is very, very interesting including him flying on the day of the Normandy invasion when that massive flotilla of ships headed across the English Channel. The squadron was there to offer cover for a lot of the ships and landing effort.
Later in life, he had a street named after him in his home town but like a lot of vets he suffered immensely after the war from PTSD or the version of that at the time. He lost a lot of friends during the war, sometimes on a daily basis, and that hit him hard I think....as it would anyone.
There is a great pic of him flying his spitfire with the canopy open and giving a big wave, cool stuff.
R.I.P Uncle Albert and many thanks...
All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 12:36 PM   #42
el_fantasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Well...I can see a bit of ww2 related theme here so I'll weigh in.
My Uncle Albert joined the airforce (RCAF) in WW2 and trained as a spitfire pilot. He was relatively young by todays standards (early 20's) and flew something like 240 missions and did 2-3 tours....you only had to serve one tour of duty at the time and the estimated lifespan of spitfire pilot was usually measured in hours.
. . .
Coley
My mother, Betty Faux, served in the RAF in England during the war and of course knew many of the pilots. Maybe she had met your uncle? Small world
Old 12-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #43
friscobob

My namesake was born in the colony of Virginia in 1701 or 1702 and at 21 or so became a tobacco tax collector for the Crown. He died at the age of 99 and as my Dad has said "not a one of us has amounted to a damn ever since".
Bob
friscobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:41 PM   #44
cioutlaw

My dads mother was a Swearingen and was related to a Captain Van Swearingen that served under George Washington during the revolutionary war. Shows up in some history books with Washington.

On moms side my Great uncle that just recently passed was on The USS San Francisco during Pearl Harbor and thru the end of WW2. The San Francisco won 17 battle stars and ranks 3rd among all ships. He w
as mentioned in a book and has written many WW2 articles.
cioutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:26 AM   #45
special-K
Special Order

My dad was a Ranger medic. He had my grandmother sign for him when he was 17, which would have been '41 or '42. He was there on D-day. He never talked about any of it, had suppressed it from his memory. He received medals he had in a case, but didn't display. It wasn't till after he had serious abdominal surgery late in life that memories came back and he told me a little about it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #46
Grumpy old man

There's never any mention of the true unsung hero's the doctors and nurses who help the poor , unwanted, sick and diseased humanity that survive everyday carrying a burden many of us can't comprehend , We'll buy a $60.00 team jersey and a $200.00 ticket to watch an overpaid sports "star" play with a ball . But come the time to donate to a "REAL Charity " such as St Judes we don't have the time or $. ? ? And the loss of respect for our law enforcement community Makes me cringe with thoughts of things to come ....So My thoughts of whom with any importance we are related to should be the people who protect our rights ,freedom, and safety ....Our community !
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:01 AM   #47
friscobob

Too true Grumpy, too true.
Bob
friscobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #48
Lemield

On my Dads side, we are supposedly remotely related to Mario Lemieux of Pittsburgh Penguins fame. On my Moms side we have always been told that we are remotely related to Dr. Samuel Mudd the doctor who treated John Wilkes Booth and was subsequently sent to Prison.

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 09:42 PM   #49
kwmech

George Washington through the Remington blood line. My grandmother was a Remington directly related to Frederick Remington. Remington Arms was on Frederick Remington cousins side.

My wife's side of the family relates to John Adams on her grandmothers side from Pennsylvania
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote