The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
ofnaman

Cheapest and easiest way to lower your s10, only one problem:

It wont move. I was just about to lower this truck, and this happened last night, so the lowering is coming sooner than expected. I have only had it for about 2 weeks, and have not thouroghly checked it out yet (was planning on doing that tomorrow). The left upper ball joint let go. Thank God it happened where it did. No warning sounds, no loose suspension feel, no way of knowing it was about to happen other than a thourogh check out. It was actually the first time I took my 20 month old for a ride in it. We were just cruising aroung the neighborhoods close to my house and were actually less than 1/4 mile away from my house when it happened. We had been hitting speedbumps a little harder than usual all evening (my son gets a kick out of that) and it actually broke going about 1 mph when I hit a 2" deep hole while turning into my driveway. I am so thankfull it did not happen on the hwy with him in it. The pictures do it no justice, it's a lot worse looking in person.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Chevy350V8
Semper Fi!!!

Re: Cheapest and easiest way to lower your s10, only one problem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofnaman View Post
It wont move. I was just about to lower this truck, and this happened last night, so the lowering is coming sooner than expected. I have only had it for about 2 weeks, and have not thouroghly checked it out yet (was planning on doing that tomorrow). The left upper ball joint let go. Thank God it happened where it did. No warning sounds, no loose suspension feel, no way of knowing it was about to happen other than a thourogh check out. It was actually the first time I took my 20 month old for a ride in it. We were just cruising aroung the neighborhoods close to my house and were actually less than 1/4 mile away from my house when it happened. We had been hitting speedbumps a little harder than usual all evening (my son gets a kick out of that) and it actually broke going about 1 mph when I hit a 2" deep hole while turning into my driveway. I am so thankfull it did not happen on the hwy with him in it. The pictures do it no justice, it's a lot worse looking in person.
Sorry to hear bout that man

"IT ONLY TAKES EVERYTHING YOU GOT!!"

Semper Fi
Chevy350V8 is offline   Reply With Quote