The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-20-2015, 08:24 AM   #1
Ken J Martin

hi beam indicator light??

Just purchased a CK 20 1972 and noticed the hi beam light does not function. All other dash lights work. The truck has a new wiring harness. I changed out the bulb, but of course that was not the problem. Installed a new dimmer switch as a backup idea. No help. Other than the printed circuit board would there be anything else that might create the problem?

In running my hand and arm innumerable times up under the dash, discovered last night that now my right turn signal dash light is now not working.
Ken J Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: hi beam indicator light??

When you take the little bulb housing out of the socket in the dash then feel for the printed circuit to make sure it's sitting flat and is catching the housings that the tips are not torn off are bent out ward. If the tips don't match up to the black housing it want work.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #3
Ken J Martin

Re: hi beam indicator light??

Thanks Mr. Andy. I will try that. I guess I will eventually have to free bezel and dash and separate and check the board.
Ken J Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #4
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: hi beam indicator light??

Also check the housing it self. The little wires need to be sticking up on the little tits to make contact with the printed circuit also.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #5
MARKDTN

Re: hi beam indicator light??

Sounds like a wiring issue.

If you have high and low headlights, it simplifies it some.

Basically you have a light blue wire from the headlight switch that supplies power to the floor dimmer switch when you turn the headlights on.

The dimmer switch has tan wire for low beam and light green for high beam. These 2 wires go through the firewall bulkhead to the forward lamp harness. At the bulkhead, the light green wire also goes back to the cluster to light the high beam indicator.

If high beam indicator is not working, look for power at the cluster connector on the light green wire with high beams on. If you have power then you have a cluster printed circuit issue or similar. If no power, look for power at the firewall bulkhead terminal. Sounds like your problem is with this wire.
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote