The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Part Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-11-2002, 07:26 PM   #1
rico_bob
"Treasure the Ride"

IFS is now ready for installation!

Hey y'all - I just got back from a 1,520 mile trip and now have my Martz Chassis Engineering full Hub-to-Hub IFS in my shop!

The trip was great and the family went along so we made it into a long overdue vacation as well. The best part was getting to meet Gary Martz and some of his family and employees and to tour his facility! He has an awesome set-up there in Bedford, PA and had some great projects underway! Including a full frame and suspension build for a '34 Chevy.

Also in the shop were a '62 Vette getting a new front suspension, and a "30's something" Cord. The Cord was cool! It was a 2-door coupe with a "chopped" top. Gary Martz was building a full stainless steel suspension for the Cord! It will be an awesome car when it is done.

In addition to picking up my IFS at Martz in Bedford, PA, I also stopped in Ohio and picked up a pair of hoods (a 55 and a 57), and - a much needed - pair of rear bumper brackets!

Yes! I am getting the parts together that I have been looking for!

Gary Martz was very interesting to talk with and very helpful. Once I get rested up from the trip, I will be pulling my engine out and proceeding with the IFS install. Not only did Gary give me some good pointers, but Martz also provides a nice detailed instruction sheet with each IFS he sells.

I am going to try and include a photo of the IFS in this message. (sorry it was too many bytes!) And - as I get more done - I will continue to post progress photos plus info on how it is going.

If you need more info on Martz Chassis Engineering, let me know. I am an authorized dealer for Martz Chassis Engineering, Inc. Goodbye - More later!
rico-bob

Trucks: '56 SWB; '57 SWB; '63 C-10
Current projects: 1963 Long Fleetside for the wife!
'56 for the daughter.
Visit us at: www.ricos-rods-and-relics.com

Last edited by rico_bob; 08-11-2002 at 07:29 PM.
rico_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 07:42 PM   #2
rico_bob
"Treasure the Ride"

Cool Trying photo here?

Let me try this again!
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
rico_bob
"Treasure the Ride"

Talking Another IFS photo

Another shot - another view. All custom made spindles (no bolt-on bracketry like other Mustang clones) and HEAVY DUTY - all 1/4 and above (when needed) steel components, and aircraft grade Tubular A-arms, plus all new calipers and rotors - the rack and pinion is a remanufactured unit, TOP OF THE LINE! PS: Coil-over is not installed yet ... Would be a pretty stiff ride with those temporary straps in place wouldn't it? HA! HA!
Attached Images

Last edited by rico_bob; 08-11-2002 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2002, 12:43 AM   #4
68SWB4x4
Strongman Garage

oooooooh pretty!
68SWB4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote