The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
Phill0406

Re: C10 Goldilocks

Thanks fellas. Getting there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
Nice progress! Try a stripper disc. It works a lot faster than the wire brush. It wont get in the tight areas but you can hit those with the cup brush after.

I wouldn't use the POR15 though. I tried it. Prepped exactly like the instructions said. Some of it was hard as a rock. Some pealed in sheets. I ended up stripping it and painting it with 2k epoxy. Never have had an issue with epoxy.

What camera are you using. Those are great pics. I have been wanting to up my photography game.
Good tips, I have been weary of POR15 because of all the bad stories. I don't have a paint gun, and have never given it a shot so is a 2k epoxy primer something I can use from the rattle can like Eastwood has or should it be sprayed with a gun properly?

I have a canon 6d that I use for the decent looking ones. I used to do a lot of photography but have kinda been sidetracked by the truck lately. I have a whole line of lenses though... sigma 35mm 1.4, canon 50 mm 1.8, rokinon 14mm 2.8, canon 24-105mm f4 and a canon 40mm 2.8. I tend to shoot mostly with the 50 though which ironically is probably the cheapest of the bunch.
Phill0406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #2
tinydb84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phill0406 View Post
Thanks fellas. Getting there.

Good tips, I have been weary of POR15 because of all the bad stories. I don't have a paint gun, and have never given it a shot so is a 2k epoxy primer something I can use from the rattle can like Eastwood has or should it be sprayed with a gun properly?

I have a canon 6d that I use for the decent looking ones. I used to do a lot of photography but have kinda been sidetracked by the truck lately. I have a whole line of lenses though... sigma 35mm 1.4, canon 50 mm 1.8, rokinon 14mm 2.8, canon 24-105mm f4 and a canon 40mm 2.8. I tend to shoot mostly with the 50 though which ironically is probably the cheapest of the bunch.
My gf has a Canon but I don't know what kind. I'm going to have to ask her to show me it. I know it was expensive (not much else about it though).

Do you have a compressor? I shoot all my primer with a harbor freight purple gun ($10 bucks on sale). Just clean it really well first and play with the adjustments before you shoot something. There are a lot of good videos on youtube that show you how to set it up. Here is my frame that I sprayed.

My brother used a brush and did the bottom side of his Nova. Not as smooth obviously but looks good (the hvlp gun doesn't work to well upside down).

You can get 2k paints in a can. They are a bit more expensive though. http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-2...ack-gloss.html
Rear suspension rework: http://www.67-72chevytrucks.com/vboa...d.php?t=750557
Instagram: myfabguy
tinydb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
Phill0406

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydb84 View Post
My gf has a Canon but I don't know what kind. I'm going to have to ask her to show me it. I know it was expensive (not much else about it though).

Do you have a compressor? I shoot all my primer with a harbor freight purple gun ($10 bucks on sale). Just clean it really well first and play with the adjustments before you shoot something. There are a lot of good videos on youtube that show you how to set it up. Here is my frame that I sprayed.

My brother used a brush and did the bottom side of his Nova. Not as smooth obviously but looks good (the hvlp gun doesn't work to well upside down).

You can get 2k paints in a can. They are a bit more expensive though. http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-2...ack-gloss.html

Best way to learn to use a camera is to just shoot constantly. It's a constant learning process.

I do have a compressor, maybe I'll swing by Harbor Freight (seems like I live there and Home Depot) and grab a gun. Always down to learn a new skill!
Old 03-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #4
MMcMasters

Invest in a good respirator too !! This new stuff is deadly

70 Med Olive build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=714804

Instagram- protouring66
MMcMasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
Phill0406

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMcMasters View Post
Invest in a good respirator too !! This new stuff is deadly
Funny you should say that, after not having one grinding down my frame I literally just clicked buy on Amazon for one.