The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-19-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Another thread due for bump..

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #2
a1vintage69

A friend on here contacted me a few weeks ago and said that a Blazer was for sell up in her area. Wanted to know if I was interested. I said I am hooking my trailer up now and going to the bank and I will see you in a few hours. Here is what I found when I arrived.
The old guy had this rig setup for camping, hunting and fishing. He kept it up at his house on Lake front property in the mountains. The doors shut with 2 fingers so I think the 63k miles is original. Gun racks , fishing pole racks, cb radio with dual whip antennas, stereo with 12x20 box speakers behind seats. GM spotlight, mud flaps, tow hitch, dog rack on top of hickey tanks, full brush grill guard , 16" wheels and a ice chest bolted to the console lid with cup holders. Just fits a six pack inside it. The drivers visor is stuffed full of maps. I am starting to like this one, I might build it. needs rust repairs. not sure yet.
I bought this 72 CST Blazer a few weeks ago and did some more investigating on the spare tire carrier and the roof rack. They are both Hickey Enterprise parts. I knew the dual gas tanks in the bed are the HE. The spot light has a GM plack on it.
Lisa is a local in Chester by Lake Almanor and knows these truck and owns several suburbans . the owner of this K5 gave her the keys to it and said sell it . She handled the whole sale and helped me load it on my trailer and then sent me the title in the mail. Thanks again Lisa for everything you have done to make this happen. I will see ya when you bring the back seat, wheels and original covers and air cleaner to me!
Attached Images

a1vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
Zone47

Smile Re: Where/How did you find your Truck ?

Been sorta looking for one for 5 years and then noticed the prices getting pretty high, so I stepped it up and found one at a swap meet. 68 California truck and paid like 8900 or something like that for it. I was sorta looking for a 69 or 70, but think I like the 67-68 just as well.

Zone47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:29 PM   #4
kilrcady

how long ago was that?Thats a nice truck
kilrcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #5
MQUnlimited

I wasn't even looking for another project when I asked my friend the story on the 68 CST C10 in his yard that had been parked for months. It was backyard hacked bagged, rattle can grey primer, ugly chrome 22" wheels, and in disarray. A friend of his owned it and was keeping it there as he didnt have room where he lived to store and didnt have plans to do anything with it.

I asked him if he was interested in selling it because the truck had potential to be great again and was just wasting away. With a low offer to see where he stood, but shocked when he accepted it and in turn getting the wife mad that I just bought it.

I drove it to my house where it has sat but have been buying parts to get the project started real soon. Going for a restomod using as many OEM parts I can, keeping the original 327 but freshening up, Choppin' Block suspension front and rear.
MQUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #6
Mikes68C10

Was asking folks at work if anyone knew of any old (pre-70) pickup trucks for sale. Hoping for a 55-57 Pickup... A co-worker stopped by during lunch late last April and told me a little about his 1968 C10 LWB 2-WD, 327-4bbl / Auto, with wood bed, near completely original, and been garaged for the 21 years he owned it.

Well, at the same time the performance (Drag Racing) bug was biting me, so ended up using my 2012 F150 Ecoboost (5635 lbs w/o me in it 14.26 @ 96) as my daily driver and once a month weekend drag vehicle.

Well he could provide me even an asking price. So I ended up buying a 1998 Camaro SS (13.58 @ 102 bone stock), mild tune and free mods 13.08 @ 106.5. So my immediate need was met. And I've been racing it since...

But.... The truck was still there, and I knew it, and it gnawed at me every day for the last year!

Well, since my dad first drove home in his then new 1970 GMC pickup, black with white roof, 350/Auto I've always had a soft spot for the 67-72 GM Trucks.

Not wanting it (and my dream) to slip away, I sold my Ford, and plunked down the max amount I'd pay, he accepted as it was his bottom price... fortunate for both of us!

Well, its being gone over at a local garage, next stop will be one of my garage bays, and the TLC its been longing for the last 21 years!

Pictures already posted in another thread. Just wanted to share the story. And let other know dreams do come true, sometimes they just take a lot longer than we'd like!
Mike
1968 C10 LWB Fleet-Wood, 2-WD, 327, 4-Bbl, Auto, 12-Bolt, Bone Stock. >POOF!< Sold 9/8/2018. New owner is local to Waynesboro PA and will take excellent care of her. He also owns a 69 Z28 SS Option car.
1998 Camaro SS, LS1, A4, 3.42. Free Tune - Stock 13.08 @ 106.55 >Lightening Strikes Again!< Sold 9/9/2018 she too will be well cared for as 1 of 45 produced in blue, with Auto and no T-roof.
Mikes68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote