The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Vendors Marketplace

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #26
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

The interference is with the booster itself. I can't say for sure just what could be done to work around it as I have not done an installation like this. This is just feedback from a customer that had an issue with his column shift auto trans truck. A smaller booster may help. Or you could just go with a hydroboost. The hydroboost units can be turned upside down so the hoses are on the bottom, if that is a concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
Is this something that can be clearanced in the bracket, or does the shifter hit the booster?

I've had this on my list of "to-buys", but now it looks like I can't...
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:59 AM   #27
stich626
Account Suspended

ttt just so I can find this later
stich626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:54 AM   #28
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Quote:
Originally Posted by stich626 View Post
ttt just so I can find this later
x2

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #29
jocko

Captain,
Received the bracket in the mail today - beautiful piece of gear, thanks very much.

For everyone else's reference - I bought a 75 Impala Booster and a 67 C10 Drum/Drum master cylinder to use on this - all the parts fit together with no mods or hole drilling. Part arrived vacuum packed and is PC'ed beautifully. (I have not mounted it to the firewall yet - only speaking of the mc-to-booster-bracket so far, but I know it will fit the firewall also).

I'll post the install if I ever get off these #$%^&* cruthces... but here are the O'Reily's part numbers if you're interested (btw, same stuff/store as "Kragens"):

67 C10 Master Cyl ($18.99 + $10 core) Part # 10-1329 (Note: the part number on the website appears to be incorrect (13-1329) – when I called O’Reilly’s, they didn’t list this part number – they list the MC under 10-1329, and the receipt showed this as well – I think the website must be either a typo or an old part number. But what I bought looks exactly like what is in the link and its part # at O’Reilly’s is 10-1329)
75 Impala Booster ($104.99 + $10 core) Part # 54-81002

Thanks again Captain, appreciate the quick deliv and great craftsmanship.

Last edited by jocko; 05-06-2011 at 09:11 PM.
jocko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #30
doubleRdazz

My truck is manual brakes with drums all around and column shift. So this bracket wont work? Do you make one that will?
Posted via Mobile Device
doubleRdazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #31
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

No, sorry this is the only booster bracket that I make for the '67-'72's. With the column shift you will have to use the factory booster and brackets that move the booster much farther from the firewall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleRdazz View Post
My truck is manual brakes with drums all around and column shift. So this bracket wont work? Do you make one that will?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #32
doubleRdazz

Ah that sucks. Thanks for the quick reply tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #33
doubleRdazz

One more question CaptainFab. If I get a 8" booster then will this work with my column shift or still no?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #34
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I can't give you a definite answer on that since I haven't tried that, but I would think it should clear with an 8" booster. You might try taking a measurement from the aprox center of your master cylinder, to the column shift linkage, and see what you've got. If I have a column shift truck, I could make the measurement, but I don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleRdazz View Post
One more question CaptainFab. If I get a 8" booster then will this work with my column shift or still no?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #35
trailrunner

So I would like to mount a power brake booster and master cylinder to the firewall of my '52 chevy pickup. I'm using an automatic trans and plan to use a column mounted gearshift.

Do you make any bracket that works for this application? I posted in the '47 - '59 section, and someone suggested that I ask you about a bracket.

Thanks

Bill
trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #36
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Bill

All of my booster brackets are designed to fit each particular series of trucks. I do not have anything specifically for the '47-'59's. It is possible that one of the 3 that I do make would work for your application, but that would depend on what you are going to use for a pedal assembly, and which booster. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
So I would like to mount a power brake booster and master cylinder to the firewall of my '52 chevy pickup. I'm using an automatic trans and plan to use a column mounted gearshift.

Do you make any bracket that works for this application? I posted in the '47 - '59 section, and someone suggested that I ask you about a bracket.

Thanks

Bill
Old 09-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #37
trailrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainfab View Post
Bill

All of my booster brackets are designed to fit each particular series of trucks. I do not have anything specifically for the '47-'59's. It is possible that one of the 3 that I do make would work for your application, but that would depend on what you are going to use for a pedal assembly, and which booster. Let me know.
Sorry, I forgot to include the pedal assembly info. My truck currently has a pedal assembly that "swings" from under the dash, vice the original one that came up thru the floorboards. The master cylinder that I removed was mounted to the firewall, similiar to the setup in my '69 Camaro. I'm content with what I have, except that I would like to add the power booster.

I plan to just buy an 8" or 10" booster from Autozone, unless I find that there is a reason this won't work. My truck has front disc brakes/rear drum brakes.

Thanks.
trailrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #38
Junkpyl

I really like your bracket. I have a 72 C30 and want to use it to bring the MC closer to the firewall and clean up the engine compartment a little. The truck is a floor shift so that won't be an issue. I was just wondering, will I need to modify anything other than the actuater rod or is it plug and play with my booster and MC? Thanks
Junkpyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #39
logger

Cap'n,

I bought your 67-72 bracket. Will this Booster & assembly from a 99-03 S10 fit it??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAKE...ht_1453wt_1167

Thanks !!
logger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:29 AM   #40
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

One of my booster brackets really isn't going to work for you unless you are using a pedal assembly from a '60-'72 truck. The booster needs to be bolted directly to the bracket that the pedals swing from. We need to know what your pedal assembly came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
Sorry, I forgot to include the pedal assembly info. My truck currently has a pedal assembly that "swings" from under the dash, vice the original one that came up thru the floorboards. The master cylinder that I removed was mounted to the firewall, similiar to the setup in my '69 Camaro. I'm content with what I have, except that I would like to add the power booster.

I plan to just buy an 8" or 10" booster from Autozone, unless I find that there is a reason this won't work. My truck has front disc brakes/rear drum brakes.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #41
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Your original booster has a slightly different stud pattern than the boosters my bracket is designed to work with. Your booster is 3-1/2" x 3-1/2", and my booster bracket hole pattern is 3-3/8" x 3-1/2". You will just have to slightly elongate the booster mounting holes. Other than that and lengthening the booster pushrod the booster bracket will bolt right to your firewall. Let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkpyl View Post
I really like your bracket. I have a 72 C30 and want to use it to bring the MC closer to the firewall and clean up the engine compartment a little. The truck is a floor shift so that won't be an issue. I was just wondering, will I need to modify anything other than the actuater rod or is it plug and play with my booster and MC? Thanks
Old 09-21-2011, 01:39 AM   #42
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

As far as I know it should work. But just to be sure, I would send the seller a message and ask him if the stud pattern on the booster is 3-3/8" x 3-1/2" center to center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logger View Post
Cap'n,

I bought your 67-72 bracket. Will this Booster & assembly from a 99-03 S10 fit it??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAKE...ht_1453wt_1167

Thanks !!
Old 11-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #43
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Haven't bumped this one in a while.........
Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #44
K2Orion

Very cool product. Im looking to add hydroboost to my 72 and will use this if it will make it easier.
Whats the hot set up for hydroboost? What booster/ MC are people using in combo with your bracket? Im going with a dana 44 front and 14FF with disc in the rear if that matters.

Ive already added a hydro clutch setup using a MC from a 90s truck. Do you have a bracket for the 67-72 that incorporates a hydro clutch MC? I know everybodys setup is different, but will this bracket interfere with a hydro MC?
thanks
K2Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #45
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You can use most any hydroboost unit, with the mounting plate that I offer. Some of the late 80's early 90's Astro van units will bolt right up. As for the master for what you're doing, there is this master vylinder that seems to work well acording to the members over on CK5......

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174038

Although it seems that hood clearence is an issue with some installations.

No I do not make a hydro clutch conversion for the '67-'72's. It's hard to say if there will be any interference without actually seeing what you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Orion View Post
Very cool product. Im looking to add hydroboost to my 72 and will use this if it will make it easier.
Whats the hot set up for hydroboost? What booster/ MC are people using in combo with your bracket? Im going with a dana 44 front and 14FF with disc in the rear if that matters.

Ive already added a hydro clutch setup using a MC from a 90s truck. Do you have a bracket for the 67-72 that incorporates a hydro clutch MC? I know everybodys setup is different, but will this bracket interfere with a hydro MC?
thanks
Old 01-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #46
rob32472

payment sent via paypal
rob32472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #47
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Your payment has been received Rob, and your booster bracket shipped today. Thanks
Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #48
Last_Paladin

Hey Captain, I bought one of these... is it normal to have to trim the steering column bracket? Also, what bellows do you use to seal the hole in the firewall?
Last_Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:37 AM   #49
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I am not aware of having to trim the column bracket. As far as I know the booster bracket should have enough clearance. As for sealing the hole, the bellows on the booster has been sufficient for me. There may be something that others are using that I am not aware of. Maybe the original for the '67-'72 trucks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Paladin View Post
Hey Captain, I bought one of these... is it normal to have to trim the steering column bracket? Also, what bellows do you use to seal the hole in the firewall?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 AM   #50
mmmBoost

Thanks Captainfab. I received my bracket Saturday. Looks great. I'll post pics when I get it installed. Highly recommend to anyone wanting the booster closer to the firewall. Thanks again Captainfab
Posted via Mobile Device

Demon 68- C20 (conv. 5 lug) 406sb, TH400, 12 Bolt,

Red Slut 09- 1500 Crew Cab Z71, 2.5" Lift, Comp Cam, Deleted AFM/DoD, Diablo tuner
mmmBoost is offline   Reply With Quote