The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > Trucks For Sale

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2019, 07:56 PM   #1
dtkarst

1964 C20 Camper *53,000 miles

Putting my camper up for sale on here only until I get the inside cleaned up a little, been setting so it’s dusty. Then I’ll put it up on Facebook and eBay when it’s done.

1964 3/4 ton El Dorado camper with 53,xxx actual original miles. Has the original 292 high torque six cylinder with factory air and power brakes. The AC blows cool but not cold, compressor engages as well and according to the previous owner it would always slowly lose some after a few years. The previous owner had it since 1999 where he bought it from here in town and drove it to Alaska and then came back and had used it a few times a year since. Runs like a top, fires up first try hot or cold. And the best part is there is absolutely zero rust to be found on it. As you can see from the pictures the red seat is in great shape and as well as the factory mat. It can run on 12v, 120v, or propane. Camper air conditioner works well and all the lights work. The camper unit does have some old water damage as you would expect from a 50 year old camper but I checked it several times when it had to sit out here during a couple of storms that dumped a few inches and it was never wet anywhere inside, roof and all places needed were sealed last summer. I haven’t been able to locate the correct air cleaner for it yet. The beauty of this truck is that if you don’t want the camper, with some work it can come off and you’d have a 50,000 mile 3/4 ton pickup with the right rims. It’s a very solid unit and will have better pictures once I get it into town to where all my cleaning stuff is. You can call, text or message me on here with questions. 785-259-1658.

Since I’ve owned it I have put on the following:

New distributor cap
New rotor
Points and condenser
Water pump
Rebuilt carb

I left the original plug wires with the 63 date code on them as well to preserve the originality a bit.

I’m asking $7,500 right now but am open to offers. Can come down on price easier than going up as most of you know. Very nice piece of history here.
Attached Images

dtkarst is offline   Reply With Quote