The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
steve11432

Exclamation 97 4.3 s10 no fuel

so my grandfarthers truck wont start he was driving home and it started running rough and then smoothed out then when he got home he turned it off, tried to start it the next day and it wouldnt start. i to his house and took one of the plugs out and cranked it over it has good spark, so i sprayed some starting fluid into the throttle body and it started right up i hooked up a fpg and these are the numbers i have

cranking not running it was 63 psi
running it was at 54 psi
5min after shutdown 18psi
10 min down 12psi
15 min down 9 psi
20 min down 7.5psi

with the fuel return like crimped it was 86psi
30 sec after the fuel pump stoped cycling it dropped to 56
1min dropped to 40psi
1.5 min 30psi
2 min 25psi
2.5 min 20 psi
3 min 18 psi
3.5 min 16 psi
4 min 14 psi
4.5 min 12 psi
5 min 11 psi

after cycling the fuel pump and crimping the supply line it quickly droped from 63 to around 40 withing 10 sec so from that i figured the problem isnt the pump because i isolated it from the fuel system i took the throttle body off and looked inside and the drivers side of the intake looks to have some fuel wash not severe but its there so i took the upper intake off and re connedted the fuel lines to the spider and turned the key to the on position to see if i could see where fuel was leaking from the only fuel i noticed was dripping out of the fpr where the vacuum hose would normaly be but sense its in the intake there is none and it wasent a lot of fuel just a little spray and a couple dripps. so i think that might be the cause of the problem but im not sure i know that a fpr isnt supost to leak out of the vacuum side of the regualtor but im not sure that wouldnt cause it to start and the other thing is its not located on the drivers side where the fuel wash appeard to be its located in the middle on the intake near the backside of the motor any input would be nice, my grandfarther needs this running asap but i dont want to just go around guessing what the problem is
steve11432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
dough_boy

Re: 97 4.3 s10 no fuel

man thats a tough one. could be as simple as just clogged injectors or could be more. have you checked all the filters? if you have checked the pump and filters and its starting with starting fluid then i would be almost certain its injectors. not sure what else it could be if you are gettin good pressure up to the fuel rail. good luck with it man and let us know how it turns out for ya.
dough_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:05 AM   #3
steve11432

Re: 97 4.3 s10 no fuel

well i replaced the fpr and tried to start it no start but i herd a poping / cracking so i looked at the coil and it was arcing to ground replaced that and it runs like a charm
steve11432 is offline   Reply With Quote