The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2019, 02:59 PM   #1
toddoky

Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

Hello to all. Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 truck LS and LT engine swap systems have been in development for some time and are beginning to get released on a part by part basis. Therefore, I am creating this thread to use as a depository for photos and information related to these systems. As each component/product gets released I, or another designer who was involved with the development of these components, will visit this thread to provide comprehensive information about it.

What I can do as a preliminary step is provide an overview as to what components/systems you'll have available to you upon the full release, and also answer any technical/design related questions you may have related to them. The treatment of this application closely follows that of what we did on 1973-87 C10 truck LS swap application, but also includes coverage for LT engine swap as well. Please do not seek further information on these products through the Holley Customer Service or Tech Service channels at this time as they have no knowledge of products that are not yet released.

The list of components that have be co-developed for this vehicle application includes the following:

Engine mounting brackets
(designed for use with GM 4th-gen F-body clamshell motor mounts)- LS and LT engines, provides maximum level of low-mount accessory drive component compatibility
Transmission crossmember- compatibility includes 2004R, TH400, 4L60E-4L75E, 4L80E/4L90E, 6L80 and T56 Magnum transmissions
Long tube headers- LS and LT specific designs that connect to the below mentioned exhaust systems
Dual rear exit and side exit exhaust systems- both 2.5" and 3" systems, design features include tube routing through the trailing arm crossmember and clearance for aftermarket rear track bars, rear frame mounted fuel tanks and 14" wide rear wheel/tire packages
Exhaust manifold adapter tube kits- designed to connect Hooker cast iron exhaust manifolds directly to the 2.5" versions of the above mentioned exhaust systems

I have purposely left these descriptions very general in nature as I believe there will be more value to their details if they are provided as an answer to questions that readers here will ask related to their specific swap project. I believe that the first products that will be getting released will be the 3" versions of the exhaust systems, but I can't judge the release order of the other components at this point in time.

Feel free to post any design/technical questions you may have and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

The next post I'll be making will provide technical information about the 409SS 3" exhaust systems, since they were released just this past week.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote