The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > 67-72

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 06:30 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Post GMC vrs Chevy fenders.

You may have already heard this one, but the fenders on Chevys and G.M.C.'s are not all the same. In '67, and '68, the fenders are the same between the two brands, however, in '69, the Chevy went to a new shape on the leading edge, while the G.M.C. stayed with the '68 style.
That means, for all the G.M.C. owners, that if you're looking for a fender in the junk yards, you'll either have to actually find a G.M.C., or a '67 or '68 Chevy. (the '67 had no side marker lights, and the '68 did)
Another thing to remember, if you are having problems locating a good fender, many of the reproduction catalogs carry them. While it wouldn't be the cheapest route, it could be the quickest and gain you a better overall finish when you are done with the project.

------------------
The hot rod;
a'69 G.M.C. Short/Fleet. 350 W/a heluva cam and nice stance. Still a beater though. Trying to clean up the left over damage from the Dope-Smokin-Old-Man...a real bummer. See it at http://geocities.com/andys_69_gmc/

I've been dubbed the Longhorn Freak/Fanatic/Expert, I just hope I can live up to it. Check out my Longhorn site at http://geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/8752/
IM me on Yahoo pager...cockroach93.
hey, stop laughing!!!
Closed Thread