The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #1
Cun-tree

Hello, Im new to the site, and need emergency brake parts.

Hello, Im new to the site, but not to classics. I currently picked up a five lug 72 C10 not running. I pulled, rebuilt, and restabbed the distributor. Rebuilt the carb, a tune-up, and had to fix the shifter. I also had to drain the water out of the fuel cell.
I got her running and driving......Then found the rear brakes not working. I pulled the drums. The drivers side is missing the shoe with the e-brake components.

Does anyone have these?

Thank you
Cun-tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:45 AM   #2
Cun-tree

Re: Hello, Im new to the site, and need emergency brake parts.

I bought everything from napa, including the links (push pins).. However the arm that holds the emergency cable is proving hard to find. It is the arm that you have to c clip to the shoe.
Thanks
Cun-tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:29 PM   #3
Xeen

Re: Hello, Im new to the site, and need emergency brake parts.

Welcome to the board.
To my knowledge the parking brake lever isn't reproduced, however there are lots of people doing rear disk conversions around here that may have that part laying around with no plans to use it in the future that may be willing to sell it cheaply or give it away if you pay the shipping costs through paypal.
If you don't get a response here jump over to the classifieds section and take a look around and maybe respond to a few advertisements asking if they have that part available. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8
Remember as a non-paying member you can only buy parts you can't sell or post new want to buy (WTB) advertisements.