The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-08-2018, 10:36 AM   #51
Genuine GM

Re: Project Whipping Post

Here are some interior photos taken in the garage with the sun coming through the back window. Yes, they suck, but it is still on jack stands so what could I do. Things to note:

1. The '98 seat had some support bolsters to keep the passengers from sliding around, but they were soft. I had them remade out of stiffer foam to help keep me planted in autocross. Buckets would be better and will be installed when my kids decide they are tool cool for cruising with dad, or 5-7 years.

2. The Lizard Skin was white so I rattle canned it with Krylon Machinery Gray. Looks OK, needs carpet or a rubber mat. (Yes I use (and wear) a lot of gray, black and earth tone colors. I am color blind, not full gray scale but enough to mess things up.)

3. The shifter is an old Hurst ProMatic2 I picked up off evilbay for cheap. I cut the original lever off and drilled two holes for a 4 speed lever. Works good with the bench seat I need to build a cover.

4. Juliano's seat belts are awesome! They are DOT and FMVSS certified. I highly recommend them.

1961 IH Scout 80 - "Gaucho" (My wife's new project)
1938 Chevy - unstarted project.
Genuine GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #52
okndn

Re: Project Whipping Post

That is exactly what I was needing to see, thank you
okndn is offline   Reply With Quote