The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
Richard8971
Still livin the "dream" in '54

One More Time...

I'm bacccckkkkk!

After I got rid of the dream, (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=257530) I have been really wanting to go with a Chevy (GMC) truck that was a lot older...

I tried rebuilding a 1954 Chevrolet 1-ton but in the end it wasn't what I really wanted. It was a single wheel rear axle long bed without a 5 window cab and had vent windows... yuck! I started rebuilding it but sold it to a friend who was looking for a mid 50's truck to do a chop top on.

So I just acquired a 1948 GMC 1 1/2 ton dually flat bed but it has more of the things I was looking for.

It has a 5 window cab and no vent windows... It also is a dually which I can live with being a big truck. Here are some before photos. I will post more as I tear into this beast and decide where to go with it. It's very complete and it runs...

D
Attached Images

My '67 stepper "Tangerine Dream"

"Anything worth doing is worth doing right" James Dean

“When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Sherlock Holmes

"There is no spoon." Neo
Richard8971 is offline   Reply With Quote