The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Box

1983 C10 LQ4 swap

After lots of fighting with the 6.2 diesel in my '83 C10, I decided that it's time for a 6.0 swap. I've been wanting do do a LS swap for years now, and I guess it's time!

Last weekend I picked up an '05 LQ4 and 4l80e with 75k miles on it and complete with computer and harness. It came from a local body shop that bought the truck to swap the sheet metal onto a rolled 4x4. The body shop pulled a few pieces to replace what was damaged on the other truck, including the accessory drive system, the throttle body, the coils and a couple spark plug wires, and 1 injector. I'm not too bothered about the tb, as I was considering switching to a cable throttle body, but I'll need to replace the rest.

The truck has dual tanks, which I'd like to keep, a th350 tranny, and does not have A/C, which should make the swap a little easier.

Here's a couple of pics, as purchased. I need to get matching rims and tires for it, as well as some factory hubcaps.

I got the diesel running again today, only to have it refuse to start an hour later! This truck is starting to sour me on diesels.

I read up today on cable tb swaps. They look pretty work and wiring intensive. I guess I'll look around and see which I can find.

Is it absolutely necessary to have a baffled tank for the fuel pump swap, or will a normal gasoline fuel tank work?

Tim
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
Box

Re: 1983 C10 LQ4 swap

Here's the LQ4 and 4L80e

They're pretty dusty, but the picture makes them look even worse!
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:05 PM   #3
STOCKISH
Formerly- 1972SuperCheyenne

Re: 1983 C10 LQ4 swap

Should be killer. Good luck.

My Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=799218

A good crossthread is better than Loctite any day.

Life is not about what you have, but who you have to share it with.
STOCKISH is offline   Reply With Quote