The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #201
b&a72

Re: One Piece 67-72 Windows (no triangles)

I see alot of 73-87 trucks with the windows but not alot of 67-72 which is the unit in question. Most of those trucks look like custom show trucks. This thread started as a for sale thread but has turned into (is the product good thread) and the members that have replied and installed these are not OPP sales people. Calling the factory does nothing for me as far as purchasing them but seeing other people on this forum opinions and problems will.
b&a72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 PM   #202
Orange
Licensed to Thrill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captkaos View Post
How about this: I am going to Maggie Valley Show and I have a half kit for display purposes and a donor door that I haven't installed yet. I could bring it to the show and let someone install the kit in the door using the instruction... Someone can bring the necessary tools and I will provide the door and the kit...

That way people can "see" what it takes. I can even bring my video recorder and record the whole process....
HELLO MAGGIE VALLEY PEOPLE!!!
ANYONE INTERESTED???
Old 04-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #203
Putter
More Cowbell....

Quote:
... I have a half kit for display purposes and a donor door that I haven't installed yet....
What is a "half-kit"? If that is for a topless blazer, then there is no way to know if it actually goes all the way up (no upper channel to contact). If that is not what you mean by "half-kit", please excuse me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stnman View Post
I've been to the shop and like the product. Going in my 71 gmc soon. call factory for straight scoop. You guys are getting poor info here. Salesmen(forum) are NOT always good at tech. Call factory, great glass man/Stoney
Again...NOT BASHING....okay...but...
Going to ANY shop, in order to promote the business, they SHOULD have everything squared away. They have had time to tinker, adjust, etc...that might not be the same as joe-installer in the driveway at home. I know that no factory rep has ever polished the description of a product to get it out the door.
And it's not so much poor info...we are getting very little info. But the info we are getting is from other folks just like us....and it is VERY trusted info among the group. If one or two guys out of many has a bad run, we can write it off as a glitch, but when 3-for-3 have issues...that's a different ball of wax. (example only)

Again...N O T BASHING.....I want this to be a great product. It sounds great and I want this in my truck. Heck, I want it just so folks will leave my triangle ones alone. I try to keep them closed to avoid that wind-whistle noise...but the only feedback I personally have is that it won't go all the up/down, and photos supporting the same thing.

I honestly hope we get a string of good feedback & photos for this kit. There are wallets on stand-by right now waiting.
(Kinda like Microsoft products isn't it. No one wants to buy it until they KNOW it won't crash)

Respectfully,
Putter

Last edited by Putter; 04-29-2008 at 07:08 PM.
Putter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #204
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
HELLO MAGGIE VALLEY PEOPLE!!!
ANYONE INTERESTED???
If anyone is interested in me doing this, I need to know by Wednesday, Thurday at the latest.

half kit = 1 door Only. It is the previous release without any of the "updates". I have it for display purposes, but haven't gotten around to putting it in. I also have a 73-87 half kit. And I have 2 67-72 kits on hand. He hasn't released the Blazer kit yet, but I keep calling about it.

For the record, the 1 person that has issues was Sandemonium. I feel there is something wrong with the track/alignment since the front is up the same amount in the down position as the rear is in the up position. He didn't have major issues (based on email/conversation) when I asked him to test it using the manual regulators. But him being in Arizona and me in Alabama it is hard to diagnose. I would also say that I explained things to him better than Ben.

I also don't consider myself a "Salesman" either, and I am pretty technically savy IMHO and I work on my trucks, my website/sales are a Hobbie, to get this stuff to people like me cheaper. I have a REAL job that pays the bills, the website sales help fund the website. I also talk to Ben pretty much every week and he relays the info to me of the changes.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:42 PM   #205
Putter
More Cowbell....

Quote:
half kit = 1 door Only. It is the previous release without any of the "updates". I have it for display purposes, but haven't gotten around to putting it in. I also have a 73-87 half kit. And I have 2 67-72 kits on hand.
That clears it up totally. Thanks for the reply.
Again, please don't read my previous posts as bashing. I really want a kit...pending some forum feedback.

Putter
Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #206
cameeks
Long Fleet Club

Have these two problems been taken care of yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandemonium View Post
I too would like to hear about the installation from another person who has installed these.

I have installed these on my '69 with the electric life kit in aftermarket doors. I have worked through several issues and have them installed and working, however they don't go all the way down and stick up above the rubber scrapper about 1/4" to 3/8". Also they don't go all the way up, the drivers side window enters the top of the weatherstipping but does not seat. The passenger side is about 1/8" to 1/4" from enterng the weatherstipping.

Now my issues may be related to the aftermarket Goodmark doors, not quite sure at this point.

Anybody else have these installed?

Please share.....
Quote:
Quote:
I have installed these on my '69 with the electric life kit in aftermarket doors. I have worked through several issues and have them installed and working, however they don't go all the way down and stick up above the rubber scrapper about 1/4" to 3/8". Also they don't go all the way up, the drivers side window enters the top of the weatherstipping but does not seat. The passenger side is about 1/8" to 1/4" from enterng the weatherstipping.

I talked with you on these right? I though you got them to go up/down more after adjusting?

Quote:
Chris,

Yes, we talked quite a bit on this, I got the windows as close as I could and I didn't want to risk damaging the doors so I chose to quit messing with them. Are they perfect, no, but they are much better than having wing windows. I guess at this point I would think it is a problem with using aftermarket doors.

Thank you for following up,

Bob
Quote:
Here are two pics of the One Piece Windws installed on my truck.

Attachment 356052

Attachment 356053

If you have the option to get these before the truck is painted it would be very wise to go through the fitting process and avoid the posibility of harming the final finish. For me I did it wrong, I got the windows after the body work was complete .

Good luck.....

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasbigblock View Post
hey guys, been busy for a while so i havent been on in forever it seems. I did install these on my truck and they look BEAUTIFUL. However, they do not roll all the way down and ive played with mine forever and cant get them adjusted quite right......i have to hold out a little on the windown every once in a while to get them to stay in the channel when rolling up.....they do not work nothing like origionals and im not so sure if i will put them on my next project....mybe just stick with the little triangles....just my two cents
Quote:
I installed mine into my original doors. Mine do roll up tight, they just dont roll completely down and leave about an inch. I might have been able to get my adjusted more perfectly if i would have fitted them before my doors were painted.....i didnt get my kits in until after my truck got back from the paint shop so wasnt able to get as "tough" with them as i needed. So if anyone is plannin on doing this in the future i strongly recommend fitting them before paint!
Quote:
well, i have messed some more with my passenger side one and now i can get it to roll up and down no problem. However i believe it is impossible to get these to roll all the way down because the new track on the regulator hits the inside of the doors walls before the window can make it all the way down....this is really hard to explain without being able to show ya'll....
Quote:
Quote:
However, they do not roll all the way down and ive played with mine forever and cant get them adjusted quite right......i have to hold out a little on the windown every once in a while to get them to stay in the channel when rolling up.....
Which channel is it not staying in? Is it hitting anything to prevent it from going all the way down?

'69 Chevy Custom/10 Long Bed <-- Thread of the work I did before selling.
Truck is now finished to the new owners design and running around.
I was shown some pictures of the finished product. At least it survived the junk yard.

FAQ Index by Krue Site Vendors Subscribe Here Forum Rules
cameeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:48 PM   #207
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Yes, the bracket on the window has been modified, and the channel is shorter. If people are having problems with kits they got from me and I haven't heard from them, I am not able to share the knowledge with Ben and he remedy the situation.

On some trucks (from Ben's desciption) the bracket that the glass sits in hits the bottom of the seal lip not letting it go completely up...

One the ones not going down all the way (like I said there was only 1 person I talked to) I would need to know what it is hitting (if possible) Robert said he could live with his so I stopped pursuing answers. I am willing to help, but if no one is talking, it is kinda hard.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 AM   #208
ERIK D

i ll be intalling mine in about 2 or 3 weeks.
i will let yall know if any problems.
ERIK D is offline   Reply With Quote