The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #26
darrellyates

Re: How much would you buy this truck for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbert41 View Post
Line-X really brings value down?
It isn't original, and is often used to "hide" damage, rust, non-correct repairs. If you'll look at the glob of it in the front end of the truck, yes, I would say that it brings down the value of the truck. It's a way to gloss over the effort needed to restore the bed. I believe I stated that my opinion was worth what was paid for it (in this case, nothing)... But I always deduct what it would cost to put it back to "original" if that's how it's advertised, or how much it would cost to make it correct. In this case, yes, I stand by that Line-X takes the value of an original truck down.
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:31 PM   #27
Cape Codder

I agree about the line-x being a minus. I will be selling a bed I am taking off a truck in a few months and one of the best selling points is the inside of the bed is dent, free. and scratch free original paint. There are no surprises. Line-x is nice for a truck that is going to be worked but these trucks are seldom used for serious work any more. I put the thick rubber mat in all my trucks to protect the paint and keep things from sliding around. It takes seconds to remove to wash out the bed.
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:38 PM   #28
darrellyates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Codder View Post
I agree about the line-x being a minus. I will be selling a bed I am taking off a truck in a few months and one of the best selling points is the inside of the bed is dent, free. and scratch free original paint. There are no surprises. Line-x is nice for a truck that is going to be worked but these trucks are seldom used for serious work any more. I put the thick rubber mat in all my trucks to protect the paint and keep things from sliding around. It takes seconds to remove to wash out the bed.
Thanks for the support! Kind of felt like I shouldn't have replied. I have nothing against LineX... But also feel it isn't original, and I wouldn't pay top dollar for it. I like the way you treated your bed. That's the kind I like to find!
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #29
Cape Codder

If I was buying a 5 year old truck I would call line-x a selling point but not a 40 year old truck
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #30
Mollzyie

Looks alrite ... have to see it in person ... they say restored (take it w a grain of salt) but they're not asking ridiculous amount of money like 20k .... everything looks like it's there and clean . It gets to a point where it is what it is .... sometimes u gotta pay to play ... let a couple of weeks go by if it's still avail make a reasonable offer ..... I looked for a good 6 mos . I'd look several times a day and then expanded my search to out of state . I was only looking for a big block those are hard to come across .

Last edited by Mollzyie; 01-19-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Mollzyie is offline   Reply With Quote