The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-26-2020, 05:30 PM   #1
kglowacky

easy queston

I just got all my wiring for my ac/heater unit figured out. Two easy questions on GM wiring terminology . I have a wire going to "Junction Block" and a Wire going to "Fuse block Cavity"

The Fuse Block Cavity is a 14 gauge wire solid brown in color. I think it goes to ignition power on the fuse box. Coming off the selector switch

The Junction block is a 12 gauge red wire and I think it connects to 12v hot with a breaker in between. The reason is for this thought is my wire has a factory eye connector on the end. Coming off the blower relay

Are these correct

Last edited by kglowacky; 07-26-2020 at 10:07 PM.
kglowacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:05 PM   #2
kglowacky

Re: easy queston

1978 c-10

two questions someone confirm my assumptions on what gm called junction block and Fuse block cavity
Old 07-27-2020, 08:57 AM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

Junction block...
https://www.classicparts.com/1973-91...xoCIiQQAvD_BwE

fuse block cavity....Google keeps showing the fuse block....

RIP Dad
RIP Jesse

1981 C30 LQ9 NV4500..http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=753598
Mongos AD- LS3 TR6060...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...34#post8522334
Columbus..the 1957 IH 4x4...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post8082563
2023 Chevy Z71..daily driver
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:26 AM   #4
kglowacky

I bought this truck in parts and sure enough I do have one of those junction blocks in a box of parts. LOL bought a 5 stud one to do my LS 1 swap so I will just hook to it. Looks like constant power to this block. Thanks
Old 08-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #5
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglowacky View Post
I bought this truck in parts and sure enough I do have one of those junction blocks in a box of parts. LOL bought a 5 stud one to do my LS 1 swap so I will just hook to it. Looks like constant power to this block. Thanks
sounds right from what I was able to figure for my build and pics I took before I started dis-assymbly as well - the block is constant power. I had a red wire running from the batt. directly to the junction box.
good luck!!
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
kglowacky

thanks for the confirmation. I figure that red hot wire is the direct power (via the factory relay) to the blower motor. My challenge is the other wire that trips the factory relay. I was thinking it was the solid brown wire from the back of the fan switch that went to a ignition hot so when you turned on the fan switch it opened the relay and the blower would run with direct power from the red hot battery wire. Well when I connect the brown wire it blows the fuse instantly . So Iam back to trying to figure out what wire trips the relay.

Update: just solved my problem.. First the solid Brown wire coming off the back of the fan switch is in fact Ignition power. The reason I was blowing fuses instantly was my blower relay was rusted so bad it had rusted the top of the relay to the top of the relay case so it was grounded so when I threw power to it (Connecting the brown wire) it was a dead short. Went and bought a new relay and works like it is suppose to. I took the relay apart to find this rust issue. I hope these threads I am doing will help someone in the future. Thanks for everyone's help.

Last edited by kglowacky; 08-05-2020 at 05:03 PM.