The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

1969 Apache Falcon...( camper )

well its going to be a build of some sort so it was either here or alt tinkerings??

Yesterday on wood duty I found a really clean 69 Apache Falcon..price new $645 plus freight ( lmao) they are just basicly an aluminum box with a tent on top no tables,stove or frig???? But hey its a 69 and looks killer behing my truck even in the OEM green...the body, floor and metal bows are all in nice shape but the canvas is Gone and what was left blew off in a cloud of dust...but the lights still worked!!

The Plan:
either find a new top and put it on without going broke and go old school camping
OR
find a cheap beat up hard tonue cover and cut it up and fit it over the box and just use it to haul stuff????
And
Bag it!!! so I can get it to lay out even with my truck..

I'll insert a pic here when get a new computer that isn't 16 bit and my camera will work with it..I did snap a shot when I pulled in the driveway....I already buffed the paint out and gave the OEM hub caps a quick once over,,there pretty rusty but I'm going to save them since they say APACHE on them

Should be fun and something differnt but being only 5 feet wide I can't even see it in the door mirror..lmao

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
Hottrucks
Redefining LowBudget

Re: 1969 Apache Falcon...( camper )

Ok got a cost of replacing the tent top and road cover.....$1100.... I dont have the cash to pull the trigger on it and I'm not sure what its worth when its done??? and I would still need to get new matress's for it????????

I'm open to what you guys think you would pay???

Mikes Sandwich Fair Run OCT 8th 2011
Hottrucks is offline   Reply With Quote