The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #1
zden

66 Burb Build

Hello! I have had my suburban now for about 1.5 years. I have had quite a few projects and different year c10's over the years. I got tired of only having one seat for anyone to ride with me. That is why i settled on the Burb. I chose 1966 because the wheelbase is the same as a swb pickup.

I spent the first year I had my burb just driving it and doing small stuff. During that time I gathered parts and a 96 vortec 350 to rebuild for it. I already had a stage 2 700r4 with a few hundred miles on it. The 350/350 combo that was in the Burb ran great just had a nice oil leak. I ended up pulling that combo and dropping into to a 69 stepside I had and sold it.

Ok. That is most of the history on this project. I will list my plans and then try to catch up to where I am today. I have been moving pretty slow.

Build Plans
rebuilt 350 w/ vortec heads & small cam
Holley sniper 4 bbl
700r4 stage 2
bucket seats
fix the rust
primer until I maybe decide a color
drive

Pics how i got it straight off the truck and started washing and a pic out cruising it locally.
Attached Images