The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-13-2022, 03:47 PM   #1
schovil69

Brake Booster Check Valve Grommet

Well...Here I am yet again, at my wits end trying to find the proper grommet for the brake booster check valve grommet. Try and try as I might, I cannot seem to get people selling these things to give me the diameter that actually matters in determining if the thing will fit the hole. The portion of rubber that sits outside the hole, either inside or outside the booster itself, is completely irrelevant. Rant over.

Speedway Motors Part Number: 92618599

Last edited by schovil69; 07-13-2022 at 04:30 PM.
schovil69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:11 PM   #2
mr.mud1

Re: Brake Booster Check Valve Grommet

Quote:
Originally Posted by schovil69 View Post
Well...Here I am yet again, at my wits end trying to find the proper grommet for the brake booster check valve grommet. Try and try as I might, I cannot seem to get people selling these things to give me the diameter that actually matters in determining if the thing will fit the hole. The portion of rubber that sits outside the hole, either inside or outside the booster itself, is completely irrelevant. Rant over.

Speedway Motors Part Number: 92618599
hi,i pulled the grommet out of my 72 truck to make you a couple measurements.hope this helps.holler if you need anymore pictures or measurements.take care.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:26 PM   #3
kwmech

If I'm not mistaken...I've seen those at my local NAPA store in the HELP section along with a new check valve. They also carry the vapor filter used on the newer trucks
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:12 PM   #4
schovil69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
hi,i pulled the grommet out of my 72 truck to make you a couple measurements.hope this helps.holler if you need anymore pictures or measurements.take care.Greg
Thanks, Greg! I'm impressed that you would go to that trouble, much appreciated.

Now we just need to get the industry providing those measurements when selling the grommets. Some do and some do not. The Speedway Motors part number I posted does have those measurements yet other grommets on their website do not. I'm blown away that the overall outside diameter is what is most often used to describe these things.
Old 07-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #5
LNP

The Dorman 80189 comes with the new check valve and two grommets of different sizes. Dorman 80191 is just the two grommets. Below is a link to Online Tube where they sell a 64-78 all models check valve and grommet. If you check the Dorman site it has grommet outside diameter listed

https://www.inlinetube.com/products/...yABEgILavD_BwE

1969 Chevy C-10 Long Bed, 350cid, 700R4
LNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #6
mr.mud1

Quote:
Thanks, Greg! I'm impressed that you would go to that trouble, much appreciated.

Now we just need to get the industry providing those measurements when selling the grommets. Some do and some do not. The Speedway Motors part number I posted does have those measurements yet other grommets on their website do not. I'm blown away that the overall outside diameter is what is most often used to describe these things.
not a big deal,no trouble at all.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 10:33 AM   #7
schovil69

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNP View Post
The Dorman 80189 comes with the new check valve and two grommets of different sizes. Dorman 80191 is just the two grommets. Below is a link to Online Tube where they sell a 64-78 all models check valve and grommet. If you check the Dorman site it has grommet outside diameter listed
I did pick up that Dorman check valve that came with two grommets. One of the grommets was too small and the other too large.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:28 AM   #8
LNP

Quote:
I did pick up that Dorman check valve that came with two grommets. One of the grommets was too small and the other too large.
Wow no kidding, sorry bout that. Have you had any luck with any others?
My trucks not factory power brakes. I have a aftermarket conversion on mine not sure if the measurements of mine would help. What year is your truck? I will still see if I can come accross any more

1969 Chevy C-10 Long Bed, 350cid, 700R4
LNP is offline   Reply With Quote