The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-21-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
cornutz
All Praise RANDY!!

Question about Early Classic Ent.

Does ECE ever have sales??? I am wanting to buy some $tuff, actually a lot of suspension stuff, and I was wondering if they ever had sales like Memorial day blowouts, or Fourth Of July Extravaganza's or what
cornutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
TravisH

Re: Question about Early Classic Ent.

I've seen occasional specials on a product or two but never a sale. Might have them though, I've just never seen it
TravisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Never seen a sale. And they continue to have the highest prices for everything imaginable. You can build half the stuff they have for 1/5th of the price...but their quality is excellent and if you don't want to go buy a welder, brake press and other metal fab tools they use, it's a great way to go....

As for the suspension kits, brake upgrades and other crap - worth every dollar. They give you everything you need down to every nut and line, so you won't be making those emergency trips to the auto parts store with the neighbor to pick up [insert forgotten part here].

You want to see a classic example of overpriced? Look at their steel replacement tank for our trucks - $800. I got a custom baffled aluminum tank with a hi-perf Walbro fuel pump, sending unit, all bolted in and had it coated with Line-X for like ... $675. Would have cost almost $1300 for all that if I'd have gone with the stupid ECE tank.

They need to get off their high horse - I don't see the need to charge such excessive amounts for some of their stuff. It's not that rare.

Does anyone know if they started jacking up the prices after being features on Trucks and in so many trucking mags?

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:30 AM   #4
TravisH

I don't regret any dime I've spent on ECE products and I have the tools and skills to make most of it myself.

Shock relocation brackets? I can't make a set for myself that cheap with that good of quality. I don't work for free

The gas tanks are very expensive but take into account that they are using stainless steel and not aluminum. I know a guy who brought one in and took it to a fab shop to see how much they wanted to copy it and they were about 15% cheaper but then they didn't spend time designing or marketing it. Also, nothing against FCG's tanks - I'm planning on going with one of his too

Not trying to start an argument here; ECE is pricey compared to the other companies that copy their products but its worth it to me for the quality
TravisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:31 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

They offer lowering packages and suspension overhaul packages.These save you money,to answer you question.Not a sale,just 365 day pricing.They are high quality.But,they sell parts they didn`t design or make for more than others,too.Like body and trim items.I would only buy what they produce from them.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:16 AM   #6
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

You get what you pay for and ECE is worth every penny
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
neonlarry

The products that ECE themselves make are all pretty good, but yes, they are pretty expensive. They also try to tell you that they make the only disk brake conversion that is safe enough to use, and you have to buy the entire thing from them. My opinion of them is that they make some nice parts, and they are friendly when you talk to them, but their advice needs to be taken with a grain of salt. As far as the parts that they dont make themselves, they sell alot of stuff that just doesnt fit, and they dont believe you when you call them and say it doesnt. But, anything you buy from them that you dont like, they will be happy to take it back.
neonlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #8
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

I've bought some stuff from them , like the rear stainless gas tank which I havent installed yet and yes they are pricey but the service is great and no matter who picks up the phone when you call they know what you are talking/asking about. I called one day and was talking to Dave ( the owner) and asked if they ever went to any of the big meets with their products like a lot of the vendors do. Dave said no it cost a lot to go to a show and they have all the business they can handle, so they don't have to go off site to sell. The market place, especially a real competitive one like selling parts for our trucks, regulates itself and if ECE were selling crap and not looking after people they be out of business real fast. I guess even though they charge a little more, their customers ( like me ) are happy with them and continue to buy from them.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
72 Cheyenne402

I have bought some stuff from them lowering springs and spindles they are great to deal with. Verry helpfull with thier products. The customer service doesn't stop after the order. Great company and products
72 Cheyenne402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #10
Lemield

I have bought several things from them and I have had great service and excellent quality on the parts. I never noticed that they were really pricey....I do believe that you get what you pay for.

1949 Willys CJ2A, Kubota Turbo Diesel engine, Warn Overdrive, 11 inch brakes, 12volt, Warn M8000 Winch "Little Green"
1970 Rustoleum Roller Red C20 Custom Camper 454 TH400 "Big Red"
1971 K20 6.2 Turbo Diesel 4x4 4spd Ranger Overdrive "Pumpkin Wagon"
2005 VW Beetle Diesel 44+ MPG "Silver Bullet"
Lemield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
see ten
WTB this ad

They did have a 10 or 15% off thing going right before the end of last year. I bought all my parts while they were having that little discount. I don't know why they were running the special and I didn't ask. ECE is a lot like Vintage Air. Open up your truck mags and look at the big $ money rigs and it's what most of them are running. I ordered all my drop components from them and everything went together like silk. It did sit about a half inch lower than what they said it would in the rear, but I can live with that.

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:54 PM   #12
special-K
Special Order

They don`t need to go to shows because they`re in Fresno,California.That place has been a hotbed for low shortbeds since day one(that,and magazine coverage).They have an excellent reputation which helps,too.I wouldn`t buy lowering parts anywhere else.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #13
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

see ten ..I just got an awsome wall paper from that pic.... VERY good looking ride there.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
jsbgump
Gone Fishing

Very good quality products. I just bought their 2.5/4 drop. I got the rear stuff in and love it i also got the shock relocators. Very nicwe looking parts
Build Thread

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3483616
jsbgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #15
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Wink Re: Question about Early Classic Ent.

Ill make this breif. You usually get what you pay for. Thats true with ECE. Ive built two trucks with their suspensions. There products fit and they work. They engineered them and now others are doing knockoffs for a few bucks less. I hope we wont be buying everything from China in the near future. Look, the only 'business' that can write the heck when they dont have the funds, is our government...at least the guys at ECE are honest, and can answer yout questions.
PS, Im not saying aluminum isnt good, but I love my ECE tank. SS doesnt corode, and its made to MY specs.
Tom Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #16
cornutz
All Praise RANDY!!

I am TOTALLY AWARE that they have great quality stuff, I did not mean for this thread to become this... I was just curious if they ever had sales or ever offered discounts, that is it

Thank for the responses though!

Bill
cornutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #17
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by see ten
They did have a 10 or 15% off thing going right before the end of last year. I bought all my parts while they were having that little discount. I don't know why they were running the special and I didn't ask. ECE is a lot like Vintage Air. Open up your truck mags and look at the big $ money rigs and it's what most of them are running. I ordered all my drop components from them and everything went together like silk. It did sit about a half inch lower than what they said it would in the rear, but I can live with that.

Juicy Classy Truck See-Ten , what are your lowering specs and what rim and tire sizes are you running?

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:54 AM   #18
Hook'em

I took advantage of the 10% off end of the year sale as well. Bought disc brake conversion and hidden hitch.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:48 AM   #19
toddtheodd
The oddest Todd around

I bought the lowered sway bar lowering kit from them. Went in smooth like butter.
I plan on getting their front suspension rebuild kit.
And thank you for the background picture see ten. Beautiful.
Toad
"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters." Ghengis Khan

IIOY???
toddtheodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #20
see ten
WTB this ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone
Juicy Classy Truck See-Ten , what are your lowering specs and what rim and tire sizes are you running?
Thanks man! Here's a profile of her. And all the specs are listed here...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=143835&page=6

see ten is offline   Reply With Quote