The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Product Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2002, 05:33 AM   #1
Project1970
14.1 @ 96MPH

Thumbs down Fram Suredrain

I bought one of these a little while back...and I didn't have a chance to use it until I had to change my oil twice during the past month (tore the top end down twice, basically).

Good idea, poor execution. It's probably more intended for use on engines with HOT oil, but I only got a chance to change it cold, and it took FOREVER to drain out five quarts of Mobil 20w50. You'd be better off spending your money on a good drainpan; I did for the last bit of tranny work I had to do (one for $9 at Autozone that has two threaded outlets/inlets - one that's on the top when you lay it down to catch oil that you screw the funnel on to, and one on the corner so you can pour it out easily when you go to recycle the oil) and I'll probably just put the drainplug back in now that I have a good pan and don't need to try to get it into milk bottles anymore.

I think the problem is the valve itself. The oilflow doesn't even come close to what the hose can handle; it's right above a trickle.