The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
383k5

My new adventure. 64 C10 build

I just got my 64 two days ago, since then I have pulled the front clip, cab, and entire from suspension off. Also have sanded the frame down and painted it up to the drive-shaft loop crossmember.

I'm overly excited about this truck, I recently built a 77k20, and sold it.

So far my plans are to replace the cab corners, fix the passenger rocker, and windshield surround.

I have been reading about disc conversions, I think I'm going to go with a stock height 73-87 set-up, my question is this. I was almost positive that the later 12bolts are the same shafts as 10bolts, if this is true why could I not swap the 6 lug shafts for 5 lug shafts, and then use a 10bolt rear drum system?

I'm going to assume that someone on here has re-wired their truck with a Painless system, but has anyone tried to install a 81-87 column also?

I was taking the factory column out and it seems to be possible, I am considering attempting it for the tilt, and intermittent wipers.
383k5 is offline   Reply With Quote