The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-02-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
azblazerboy

Almost there!!??

sorry all, first post but been on here for a few months.. great site and looking for some help !!? I have a 72 that's been leaking oil faster than I can put it back. Anyway , im pulling just the motor. leaving in the 4 speed manual trans and transfer case. 1st question. I think there are only 4 large bolts holding the bell housing ?? is this correct ? 2 on the inside and 2 on the outside top.. question 2. did chevy put the wiring harness for both manual and auto trans ?? I have a few wires sitting on top of my transmission.. traced them back to firewall . maybe there are the wires from the Knock relay or something. Hell if there not doing anything I m going to yank em out ? I believe those are all I have. thanks to all for any help
azblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
azblazerboy

Re: Almost there!!??

nothing..???? anyone... is this the correct location for these kind of questions.???
Old 03-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Moreyel

Yank them out? Whoa. Pull your motor and then trace them. They probably run inside the frame rail. I'm sure there's all kinds of info and diagrams on this site to help, but hold off on the 'yanking'!
Thinking of putting a 50 Chevy cab on a 76 Chev 4 WD pickup.

Members Met: Aldtime, DeadheadNM
Moreyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM   #4
Chulisohombre

The only wires on top of my trans were backup lights. Don't yank anything ever if you can help it. Bundle them up and tuck them out of the way if anything. You never know when you decide to change your truck around and may need them. If you are yanking just engine then leave the bell alone on the trans and just unbolt the engine. 6 bolts and top two unbolt the trans tunnel to get to them easier. Then 3 bolts on starter. Otherwise you can do the other way like you said but seems like there won't be any room with the engine attached.
72 3/4 ton blazer. 5 inch lift on 35 inch tires. 355 corvette engine with crane roller rockers, rv cam, edelbrock carb and intake with one inch spacer. Thrush Headers with flowmaster 40 duels. 4speed sm465 manual. 4 wheel disk brakes with Inboarded rear shock prerunner style mounts and shocks.
Chulisohombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:05 PM   #5
azblazerboy

i have the front clip off. so i should have room for whatever .. i think... but i will pull the crossmember off to at the last min. to pull motor forward with no issues..?? but think i will only pull motor sounds best. and leave wires tied to frame rails...