The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
Rod Run

New member with a new project

I just joined the forum and I figured that I'd post up a little into on here.

I recently picked up a 1971 C10 project so now I'm going to be trying to absorb as much info as I can. I got it pretty cheap and it runs and drives, but that's about the best I can say about it

I am still deciding if I want to keep it a rat or rip it all apart and go crazy with it. I'm going to try to keep it on the cheap, but I usually get carried away with things, so who knows how that's going to end up. Either way, it will still never be shiny and need wax, because I already have 3 drivers that need that type of upkeep. I'm posting up some pics for you guys to see some of my stuff.

here are a couple of the truck as it sits
Name:  001.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  70.0 KB
Name:  002.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  69.3 KB

here is a pic of big block '69 Camaro from early 2012, which I did a frame off about 14 years ago. I was going to start tearing it down again this winter, but now the truck has taken precedence for now
Name:  camaro.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  48.8 KB

here is a pic of my '04 GTO from a Good Guys show this past summer, that I have done way to much work to, inside, outside and underneath
Name:  027.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  59.9 KB

and finally, here is my daily driver and even though it is just a little econobox, I still couldn't leave it alone. Different wheels & tires, suspension work, a bit of custom body mods and dual exhaust. It has also had more minor work done since this pic.
Name:  006.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  76.2 KB

I'll try to post up here as I do things to the truck, but none of that will be happening (I think) until after the new year. I am in the process of building a big addition to my garage, so I guess this is going to be the christening project for it.

Now I've got to do some more searching around on this site and end up with to many ideas in my head.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #2
1Bad 37

Re: New member with a new project

Welcome! Truck looks good! Your Camaro and GTO are neat! If you look around too hard you will end up building a tube frame that lays out, blown LS, full custom interior and shiny paint!... So be careful!
1Bad 37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
Rod Run

Thanks man!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #4
1ATony

Great looking cars. Pretty sweet Camaro too.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
Rod Run

It's been almost a year since I originally bought my truck and I finally just applied for a title today.

After going to the RMV and standing in a line that was around 70 people deep (and that was just the line to wait in line, so you can get a number and wait for service), I paid my dues and now I just wait for the title.

I have to say that this state sucks for stuff like this though. Besides the fact that they keep closing registries down, they also charge crazy fees for everything.

As you can see from the pictures, my truck is a hunk of junk and it still cost me almost $500 to title. I had to pay sales tax on over $6,300, because they base it on book value. I was shocked that book is that high on it.

Another little known fact about Massachusetts, is that if you don't title a newly purchased vehicle within 20 days, you start paying fines every day over the 20 days. Luckily when I bought mine, we didn't date the title, so I just titled it with today's date, or who knows how much more it would have cost me.

Well, now that this process is over and my newly epoxied floor is almost dry, the truck should finally see the inside of my garage for the first time this weekend and it's not coming out until it's finished in hopefully a year.

Pics will follow as the build starts to progress
Old 09-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Your state isnt any different that Texas as far as "book values"

I had a parts truck ( about all it was worth really), I took pictures and went up there, they said something like book value $4800!! I said WHAT?! showed them the pictures and they said, dont care!

I went to a different office and showed the pictures up front, told them it is only a parts truck and only need the title to scrap it when useable parts are gone.

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:29 PM   #7
86swb
Born a Chevy Man

Here in my home town in Kentucky they just ask you what you paid for the car or truck and that is what you pay tax on. Man, did not know how lucky we are here in Kentucky. I am in love with your Camaro. You have some talent. Welcome from Western Kentucky.

*1986 Chevy SWB Silverado
*1984 Chevy Longbed Silverado

New Kia Sportage (Wife's car and she loves it)

CHEVY, American made w/pride!

If you can read this, YOU NEED TO THANK A TEACHER!
If you can read this in ENGLISH, PLEASE THANK A SOLDIER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND BLESS OUR FIGHTING TROOPS
86swb is offline   Reply With Quote