The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
timberboss

Bed Liner ? 72 super cheyenne

Thinking about having a linex type of bed liner sprayed in my rebuilder is this a bad idea? Just want some thoughts I like the liners , truck is a frame off completely redone I don't have to tell you guys how much $$ I got in this thing , new motor, drive train, frame powder coated, autometer guages. paint, body wheels radio vintage air, I want to drive it and don't want to be afraid of putting something in the back of it so that's my thoughts,- now is this going to hurt the value if I would want to ever sell? Got a friend who is a purest and he is having seizures over the idea!

Rationalization not a stock mtor 383 stroker , not original air vintage, not original sound put a kick azz stero in it, auto meter guages didn't go back with wood grain on lower went with black (I personally like it better) and wheels so as you can picture (and if I was computer savy enough I would post some pics) It isn't original but color.

by the way was going to run the liner up over the top of bed in black. color is coors red and white.
All thought appreciated trying to mentally convience myself that it will be the right thing to do.
Mike
timberboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Daner

Re: Bed Liner ? 72 super cheyenne

There are other threads on this but in my opinion bedliners are a good investment. Especially if you have fresh paint and are hesitant to haul anything. In my case the bed floor was bad enough I didn't have much to lose by throwing some on. I think it looks good. You can't really see it until you get right next to the truck. I followed a lower trim line all the way around the bed.

49 GMC Grain truck 235 1 1/2 ton
76 Chevy 350/4 speed 1/2 ton
Daner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Murphy IRE

I can relate to the $$$. I ran out of them, so I'm painting a bed liner in. So far so good. Two coats. I may go with a 3rd for just the floor. I also have a OE rubber liner to go on top. That trapped water on the old paint and started some nasty rust. I will seal the wheel wells too.
Murphy IRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
westong

If looking at a frame off resto to buy, I personally would be turned off by spray in type Bed liner . I would pay less for a lined truck versus a straight nicely painted bed floor truck.
Posted via Mobile Device
westong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
FloatMonkey

If you are planing on using the bed I would get it sprayed. I had Line X sprayed in my bed after I had it paint, plus it hides a lot of the small dents in the bed too.
Posted via Mobile Device
FloatMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
timberboss

That is my thoughts might cost me if I was trying to get it ready to sell but I'm planning on driving it and I feel that the bed liner will add to its usability . Thanks for the input great site!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
timberboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
MARKDTN

If I did it, I would have the liner the same color as the bed so it is not obvious. (not black liner with white bed)
'07 Tahoe(Son driving)
'14 Suburban-DD
'71 C10-current project
MARKDTN is offline   Reply With Quote