The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
rcg66

Top Banana Parts

I placed an order back on March 4th for a rear roll pan from Top Banana, and it says on their website the order is still processing. I have already been charged for it, and have tried numerous times to call them to get an update, and all I get is a message to leave a number and they will get back to me, but they have not responded. I also have emailed them with the same results.
Has anyone else encountered this?
rcg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Larry64

Re: Top Banana Parts

Ordered parts from them on 02/27/2014 they arrived on 03/07/2014. I like you got no response from them, parts just showed up. Great parts.
Larry
Larry64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
Lugnutz65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg66 View Post
I placed an order back on March 4th for a rear roll pan from Top Banana, and it says on their website the order is still processing. I have already been charged for it, and have tried numerous times to call them to get an update, and all I get is a message to leave a number and they will get back to me, but they have not responded. I also have emailed them with the same results.
Has anyone else encountered this?
I had 1 part on backorder and it took a month to arrive. Like you, I called and called and left messages but no response. Finally I selected the option to "PLACE AN ORDER". Bingo . . . . they answered the phone! The customer service at Banana seems very disorganized. They told me the parts would be shipped very soon. They arrived the day after that call was made. They obviously had no idea where my parts were or they would have said that they had already been shipped.

I'm pretty happy with the parts. 20 gauge primered steel made in Taiwan (Keyparts). They fit pretty well but need some cuts here and there to fit properly. (Rockers, footwell patch and lower front door pillar).

Want to know more about T5 transmissions? My website has a T5 Info Page and a Step by Step T5 rebuild.
Lugnutz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #4
PGSigns

They are a part of Key parts and the address is Key Parts head quarters. I did not get any replies and made several calls. Then the first parts showed up and it listed the battery box as back ordered. All was on a Key parts bill of sale. About a week later the box showed up. Never a call. Kind of surprising as they used to be very responsive.
Jimmy
1966 BBW long fleet Daily driver
1965 BBW short fleet Sold and going to a good home
1965 Suburban
2003 3500 Duramax
2005 Ultra Classic
PGSigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Key has made several attempts at retailing their own parts, top banana is the latest.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
rcg66

Guess I should have waited until I got home today, because there on my porch was the roll pan! It looks really good, and seems very solid, now if it would actually get above freezing around here I can put it on.
rcg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #7
Tim Christian

Guys all Key Parts does is drop ship for them. The same we do for Brothers, GMCPauls, Classic Heartbeat and every other vendor that buys from us. (Key Parts) That is who I work for. Top Banana is not owned by us.

Last edited by Tim Christian; 04-11-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Tim Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #8
Cmillet

Tim if someone I dealt with was making my company bad, I would address it. I understand it's not you or your company, but I'm not sure everyone else does?
Cmillet is offline   Reply With Quote