The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #13
76C10Stepside

Re: '89 Long Bed Dimensions and Canopies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane M View Post
First gens don't have stake pocket holes, but you probably will be best off to pull the liner and check that clearance is going to be good. I just can't remember what it looks like under the bed rails, it has been a number of years since I had a S10(looking to get another one though).
Thanks, that's useful information! I'll see about pulling the liner ASAP and take some measurements and pictures. Guessing that the bed rails are just one layer of metal and are open on the inside. Need to see out the tie-downs are anchored, probably with pivoting anchors. The tie-downs are anodized extruded aluminum with stainless screws (except one that rusted). When I wiggle on them, it feels like just one (thin) layer of steel. I plan to keep the tie-downs because they are so useful. Would like to add some SS gussets behind them for added reinforcement.

Also need to measure the height from top of bed rails to top of cab and see if the back of cab is vertical. Not sure which small truck canopies are close enough to the gen 1 S-10 for a good fit. Thinking that cabs on mid-90s and later small trucks all slope in the back.
76C10Stepside is offline   Reply With Quote