The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2023, 01:03 PM   #1
1970BannerBlazer

Help: New suspension is almost un-driveable

I did a leaf spring and shock replacement last winter and after living with it for a while I’ve come to the conclusion it’s almost undrivable. It’s so stiff AND bouncy. The other day on the freeway I caught a little air twice at 60mph. As I drive I need to constantly be scanning the road for any little dip or bump to avoid or slow down. And the harsh ride is taking a toll on my nuts and bolts.

I need some recommendations on how to fix this.

Here is what I currently have.
1970 K5 Blazer
4” Tuff Country EZ-Ride springs (new)
Bilstein 5125 on all 4 corners (new)
Front: 33-186542
Rear: 33-104652
Bilstein steering stabilizer 33-170794 (new)
454 Engine
Turbo 350 Transmission
35x12x20 Ko2 tires

I went with the EZ ride because they were supposed to be soft. (So much for that)

Prior components were a 4” lift also installed but the previous owner. Rear was lifted using a 2” block and 2” springs. Rode crappy then as well.

Here are some options I have found:
1. Off Road Design custom leaf spring order (sucks to spend another couple grand to fix **** I just installed)
2. Off Road Design coil over conversion (I don’t really have the money for this)
3. ???

Anyone have some suggestions?

Before anyone comments “these are short wheel base trucks. You should expect some bounce and stuff ride”. What I am talking about it truly beyond what should be expected. I don’t expect a Cadillac ride. But I also don’t want to rattle my brain out or catch air on the freeway.
1970BannerBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote