The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
379redneck

06 monte carlo problems

I have an 06 monte carlo lt with the 3.9 in it. I have been having problems with the traction control in the car and the dealer is not being very helpful, saying "its just your driving". sometimes the service traction control message comes up when the shifts, usually going up hill, especially when shifting around 60 (not sure what gear). It first started when I would rev the car or take off to fast and would stay on until I just the car off. It would shift very hard when it was messed up, but it got over that and does it on the hills. This isnt the light in the cluster saying its activated, it says "service traction control" on the display, something else the dealer couldnt comprehend. Now when it does it, it has a fit and wont stop coming on every time it shifts until I shut the car off. It will come on, then go away in a few seconds, but sometimes the check engine light comes on with it but that will stay on however long it wants. I checked the codes today and had p0101 and p0171. I have also been having tranny problems, it slips in 1st, also "just my driving". I have had several electrical problems since I got the car, new fuel pump, fuse box, rear defrost, power window problems, several tire monitor sensors, lights dim with the radio when I first start it, and this. The only thing I did to the car was put an intake on it which I took back off.
Sorry for the post, any ideas whats wrong with this?
And yes, I am selling this thing.

87 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 350/TH350/NP203 Flow Tech long tube headers, throttle body spacer, Edelbrock Performer cam, true dual Flowmaster 40s, 6 inch Superlift suspension lift

2000 silverado extended cab stepside 5.3l. Stock for now
379redneck is offline   Reply With Quote