The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2015, 09:32 PM   #1
danrduc

Newbie questions frame swap

Hi, I am the Newbie with a recent acquisition of a 69 c10 swb, 5ltr, th350.
I found a C4 front suspension pkg, and then happened on C4 rear axle/suspension assembly. I had been thinking about dropped spindles and notched frame in the rear, but now I am thinking about C4 stuff on my c10.
The wood is out of the bed, and while I was looking at it and thinking C4, less and less of the existing frame seemed useful.
I think getting a frame and putting the C4 suspension on it would be much better than cutting up a perfectly good 89 c10 SWB frame. I can use any frame short or long wheelbase that my cab and fenders will readily bolt onto.
I have been trying to find which frames would easily fit my 69 c10 cab, but haven't yet found the correct search language. I know 67-72 will work, 60-67 would need work at the front of the frame.
How about 73-87, the cross members interchange, what about the cabs?
Thanks for any help just getting started on this, put a jeep gas tank behind the rear axle and installed some bucket seats already. I was getting ready to redo the bed floor and C4 visions popped into my head.
danrduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:28 AM   #2
Ozzy2013

Re: Newbie questions frame swap

67-72 is the way to go anything can be made to with enough work.
Ozzy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:17 PM   #3
bs46488

I live in San Diego. There is a guy always posting in craigslist list from AZ that is always parting out 67-72 trucks. I think he has 3 frames posted right now, both LWB and SWB.
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:44 PM   #4
hugger6933

I have similar ideas running through my head but with parts from the 99-07 truck. The rear are disc brakes and are well truck parts, and the front end stuff most are rack and pinion steer and the ones that aren't have torsion bars so that would be cool as well. One of the main reasons I was leaning this way is I rebuild those trucks from wrecks and have tons of that stuff laying around. I have 5 of these 67-72 trucks so that stuff to add to the suspension would be cool.I plan on setting up one of those 68 frames I have on the frame table lock it down in clamps and see what I come up with.On my "personal" truck I had also thought of suburban rear end stuff since they are different and ride so much better than the truck. [they are 4 link rear ends instead of leafs] Good luck Oh, maybe check with Alston they had been doing a bunch of C4 stuff as did Morrison. maybe that can help. I know Morrison made a frame for the C4 stuff to go in and the frame was for a later truck. Jim
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote