The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > FAQ Truck Tech > Engine and Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #51
mdlackey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

Mine turned out pretty well ... it's not a show truck by any stretch, but it functions great and I indicate @ 2000 rpm in 5th gear at reasonable highway speed. Haven't done any long distance trips with it.

Still kind of concerned about driveline angles, as my carrier bearing is tilted back a little, so I'm thinking about having another tranny x-member fab-ed that might have about an inch dip in it.

Going to be at the Good Guys Show in Loveland over the June 2nd weekend. May bring truck up and place in the Swap Meet lot to sell. Depends on what kind of "action" it might bring ... side topic ...

Dave
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM   #52
jodydewey

Re: 5 speed conversion with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by eedgell View Post
Does any one know how this all turned out?
Sorry it has taken me so long to post. My truck has soooo much rust that getting it all and making it look good before putting the engine and tranny back in are taking up all my time. So far I have had to remake the radiator core support, weld panels into the fenders, replace the inner fenders, passenger floor, inner and outer rockers, door pillars front and rear, repair panels on the passenger door (3 of them) and create an all new vent box on the passenger side. When I put in the outer rocker on the passenger side I didnt have the door installed and I set the outer rocker in too high. Now I can't close the door and have to start over again with the outer rocker. THEN, after all that is done, I still have to do the driver's side. This truck started as a driver and just turned out to be a big POS of rust. CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Jody