The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #1
CHP c-10

Am I being pushed around or is this typical CPP

Happy New Year everybody!

I would like to know if my experience with CPP is the norm or am I being screwed bcause I am a small-time customer.
I bought the Wilwood D52 front kit for my 68 c-10, and the rear wilwood D52 conversion as well through their ebay auction Dec 11. I promply paid through Paypal. I followed up with them the next business morning (as instructed) to add a booster and master cylinder setup, front rotors and pads to the order. They advised me they had everything in stock and ready to go except the front rotors which the had to "machine". "Will be shipping out in a week".
One week goes by and I phone to check the status of my order.
"We have everything here and ready to go except the rear wilwood calipers. They will be here in three days" "Plus, that delay puts us up against Christmas and then we do inventory so we can't ship those out til January. I was not very happy to hear this latest 'story' so I said please send out everything you have so I can make some progress. He said he would.
Two days later (I am in Napa CA) I get only the front disc and calipers. I again phoned, "I didn't want to send a partial set so I only sent the front".

January 3, 2010.
I checked the status of my order again. "We have everything in stock ready to go except the rear adapter brackets. They will be ready to send out in three days"
I complained to the 'mamager' and gave him the full run down and asked what he will do to make this right. "I can give you a discount on a future order" What the what??!! I told him a future order by me is very doubtful!

Anyone else have this problem?
I realize I am a small time client, but my purchase was still north of 1,000 bucks.
If this is typical CPP customer service I will think I will shop somewhere else.
Thanks for letting me vent
Jonathan