The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-23-2010, 12:11 PM   #1
bigbadchev72
People know me

MBGMIKE- Mikes Bump and Grind Garage

I have made a couple orders with him in the past and they went great.

I just made another order on september 26th, I am still waiting for parts.
It says on there website that they will not charge your card until the order ships, mine was charged the 27th that monday. So I started making arraingments to get some shop time to install these parts the following week.

I called them on the 7th of october to see what was going on because I had not recieved a tracking number and was told by jennifer that they were just waiting on floorpans and they were expecting them that day and that the order would go out the next day, I was a little irritated they had not shipped since I was under the impression that the order was shipped since my card had been charged.

I then talked to Mike and he apoligized and i asked if he could do some quicker shipping to get the parts out to me for the delay, He said he could work something out. Then he called back and said his supplier was unloading containers and it would be another week.

I emailed him back a little later that day and asked to ship the partial order, since they were only short the floorpan. I never recieved an answer.

On the 11th I get an email saying my order was shipped ups with a tracking number that was no good, I emailed him telling him it was no good. He said that he would get me one the next day. I had to email him again on 2 days later to ask if he recieved one. No reply back even though I seen he had been signing in every day. That thursday the 15th I sent another PM to him telling him about the poor service I felt I was receiving and getting the run around. He then wrote me back an apology and told me he Had to let all his employees go and that they were having problems dealing with a customer. He also said that If you order online that the order processes right away, if you call it in it processes when it ships. That was never mentioned in the phone call I made Or on his website that was misleading. He said he was going to check into my tracking number again and get back to me, and apologized for the lack of communication.

I wrote him back the next evening asking if he recieved my tracking number yet, He said he let Jennifer go and was sorry for the delay.

That friday 5 days after recieving the bad tracking number I asked again if the order was the partial one I asked for previously, or complete. He wrote back saying he would send out what they had in stock that day and I would just recieve duplicate parts.

The 19th I wrote back still asking for a tracking number, I threatened to contact my credit card and file a dispute, I got 3 emails from him that day giving me a play by play of everytime he called keyparts.

I then Got a PM from him monday saying Keyparts just sent my order out on the 20th with a good tracking number. No mention of the duplicate parts he said he was going to ship out the week before.

I wrote him back about it asking where those were and have been Ignored since. I have emailed and PMed him about it and he has been on since then.

Im not gonna bash on Mike, these are all the facts from my PMS and emails. It has been frustrating and I am now over 2 weeks behind on my build that I need done before a family wheeling trip we have planned. After being yanked around and seeing other people are having similar problems I figured I better let people know that they are not alone in dealing with this.

Like I said at the beginning of my post, I have ordered from him before and it was flawless. Just looks like the customer service has gone downhill since.
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
CSGAS
optomistic ah-so

Re: MBGMIKE- Mikes Bump and Grind Garage

Actually, if he's let all his employees go--and some of those are family members of his--it sounds like he's trying to just make good on a few last orders before closing.

Frustrating is understandable, but consider the number of vendors we've had on here that DIDN'T go through any effort to make good on their last few orders...I think the fact that many consumers have been frustrated or lost money does add tension to everyone who places an order with anyone.

I think Mike will get on here and explain more details and if he's going to have to shut down, whether it would be temporary or permanent, and so on. I also think you have every right to feel frustrated and voice what has happened to you. I'm just hoping that this doesn't get misinterpreted in a way that makes a frustrating situation worse.

1970 C-10 lwb Fleetside. Originally 350 2-bbl 3-on-the-tree, m/b, m/w, m/s no a/c. Currently running on a '76 Camaro 305.
CSGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #3
bigbadchev72
People know me

I would just like to update this thread and let everyone know that Mike is a stand up guy going through some hard times.

I got my sheetmetal, but was missing my battery tray. When I contacted Mike about it, he had already sent me an email saying he was issuing a full refund and told me to keep the parts for all the hassle.

I would just like to thank you again Mike and hope things get better for you.
1972 k/5 blazer CST 4X4 Crate 350, th350/205, dana44with trac-loc/14 bolt with detroit locker, 4 wheel discs 4.56s, 8" suspension lift using 73-87springs, 1" zerorate custom front crossmember, HAD CV drivelines and driveshaft e-brake, full cage, PRP seats, Full autometer gauges, 38x14.5x16 Toyo M/Ts, 16x10 Polished aluminum rockcrusher wheels

1967 longbox 4x4, Strong 400/400/208, 44/12bolt 4.10s, 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/Ts on corvette rally wheels
bigbadchev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
straitnate14

He came through for me as well, I hope all works out for him
Old 12-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
newbie72short

i ordered stuff from him in october still havent got the stuff and now im fighting to get my money back i highly recommend never dealing with this scammer it just a hassle you dont need. all he has is excuses
newbie72short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
VA72C10
VA72C10

He also owes me two inner grilles for 71-72 and a set of headlight bezels that I had to buy elsewhere after already paying him. He was trying to make things right but declared bankruptcy....not expecting to see them now although I hope he can make it and make good with me. He gave me excellent deals on everything but obviously not getting part of your order kills the deal....
Old 12-31-2010, 08:13 PM   #7
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie72short View Post
i ordered stuff from him in october still havent got the stuff and now im fighting to get my money back i highly recommend never dealing with this scammer it just a hassle you dont need. all he has is excuses

PM me with the amount and will do it right now with paypal. We never meant to scam anyone. I never gave you excuses you filed a claim with your bank so if we don't respond it should be automatically deducted from our account by credit card agreements we sign. PM me and will refund it as soon as I see it. Like I said we just hit some hard times but we aren't scammers we have a very good track record.
mbgmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
He also owes me two inner grilles for 71-72 and a set of headlight bezels that I had to buy elsewhere after already paying him. He was trying to make things right but declared bankruptcy....not expecting to see them now although I hope he can make it and make good with me. He gave me excellent deals on everything but obviously not getting part of your order kills the deal....
Same deal Jonathan,PM me the amount and I will refund now. Like I stated in a post everyone is getting their $$ back. I have been too slow I know. We have returned most everyones but I know I have a few left. I have been working a lot of hours and ot at a company trying to catch.
pm or send us an email and I will refund. You know we aren't bad people.

Mike
Old 12-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
VA72C10
VA72C10

pm sent. thanks for responding
Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 PM   #10
mbgmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
pm sent. thanks for responding
don't have it yet
Old 12-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

I wanted to let everyone know Mike has refunded me for the parts including the shipping I had to pay for them. So we're all settled up now. Thanks for taking care of it Mike.