The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2020, 12:43 PM   #126
vet57air

Re: Cgt project

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I'm not exactly sure on what all is needed to change to the frameless glass, but I do know that simply removing the frame does not make it thin enough to easily work with the weatherstripping that you already have.
A C/10 owner local to me ran into this issue with his truck. He only had an issue with the weatherstripping that the window goes up and down in, but because it was for the frameless glass, the framed glass was extremely hard to roll up and down. He removed the frames, but they still are hard to roll up and down
Thx for that. I have already bought the Vent windows, fuzzies and other stuff to rebuild the door. I assume they are all made for the non framed glass. I think if I wanted to keep the framed assembly I would have trouble.
vet57air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #127
cwcarpenter98

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet57air View Post
Thx for that. I have already bought the Vent windows, fuzzies and other stuff to rebuild the door. I assume they are all made for the non framed glass. I think if I wanted to keep the framed assembly I would have trouble.
My guess is that they are not for the framed glass. You won't be happy with the framed glass in the felts and such that you have now. On my friend's truck, areas of the weatherstripping looked messed up and maybe slightly torn from the frames.
At least you had not tried to install them yet. I imagine that would have been extremely frustrating

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 08:02 PM   #128
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
My guess is that they are not for the framed glass. You won't be happy with the framed glass in the felts and such that you have now. On my friend's truck, areas of the weatherstripping looked messed up and maybe slightly torn from the frames.
At least you had not tried to install them yet. I imagine that would have been extremely frustrating
I agree. With my custom build I think the frameless glass is the way to go.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #129
vet57air

Bit of a pause on the build as I am out of parts. Have a truck load waiting on the mainland but am waiting for my replacement Budnik wheels to show up before I go and retrieve. Been thinking about my audio plans. I had bought a Custom auto sound 740 deck, but when I went to install in the dash It would not fit. The rectangular screen was just a bit too wide. Custom suggested to break out the file and trim their deck. I decided to return. In its place I have taken my stock radio to Woods radio http://www.woodradios.com/ to have it converted. They use Aurora design components https://www.tech-retro.com/aurora-design/fmr.html. I like the stock look but with the modern features. My plan is to use the pre-outs from my new radio to a amp or amps and run two 8" subs close to the cab corners and in my Retrosound kick panels I will install 6.5" speakers. I am also toying with the idea of a speaker in the stock dash location, as I have heard this helps with the "centerstage". I have been shopping for amps and speakers, but there are so many choices. Presently I am leaning toward Audison amps and speakers.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:17 PM   #130
vet57air

Adding bits and pieces.

Name:  shifter.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  39.8 KB

Name:  cooler.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  33.5 KB

Name:  battery.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  34.6 KB
Old 11-28-2020, 02:45 PM   #131
bigmoe

Have you considered doing your side trim with 3M? I'm very pleased with how mine went. It was easier than I thought. I was concerned about it lining up nice and straight. Also my truck had no original holes so that made the decision easier for me. The only holes I drilled were for the front spears. There's some great info on it on this forum.
Attached Images

Last edited by bigmoe; 01-22-2021 at 05:56 PM.
bigmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:54 PM   #132
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe View Post
Have you considered doing your side trim with 3M? I'm very pleased with how my went. It was easier than I thought. I was concerned about it lining up nice and straight. Also my truck had no original holes so that made the decision easier for me. The only holes I drilled were for the front spears. There's some great info on it on this forum.
Nice truck. My trim holes are already there. Mar-K trim is on its way but when I ordered I asked them to not give me any push-in style clips, but to give me all thread clips.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:04 AM   #133
namloc

Stumbled across your build cruizin' the web, I have seen the COE over the years in person very nIce as well as this build . hope in the next years to come to see it in person also. Awesome attention a skill.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:11 PM   #134
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by namloc View Post
Stumbled across your build cruizin' the web, I have seen the COE over the years in person very nIce as well as this build . hope in the next years to come to see it in person also. Awesome attention a skill.
Thx for the kind words. With the present Covid situation I am thankful I have a truck build to keep me busy. Look forward to chatting with you.
Old 12-04-2020, 04:18 PM   #135
vet57air

Waiting for parts so I switched to the audio install. Not much of a woodworker but am happy how the subwoofer box came out.
Name:  20201204_092643.jpg
Views: 634
Size:  58.4 KB
Old 01-22-2021, 01:20 PM   #136
vet57air

Have been working away on my Cgt. This thing has fought me a bit. Lots of paint problems, Budnik has to remake my wheels. Now my interior guy's wrists are a problem and not sure when that will get done....whoaaaa is me, waaaa. Lol.
Now that is out of my system. Getting down to final details. Wiring and plumbing are mostly done, just waiting on a few parts. Installed my RTX gauges. I have had Dakota Digital products before, but this is impressive. Very well made....although it has a price. Received my Radio back from Wood's radio with the Aurora design upgrade. This will control my Audison 8 channel amplifier. Hopefully I get my wheels soon, as I am working on assembly in my poor mans paint booth and need to paint a few more parts.
Name:  20210118_143929.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  52.1 KB
Old 01-22-2021, 01:56 PM   #137
SCOTI

What was the issue on the wheels?

Trans cooler/fan set-up?
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:15 PM   #138
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
What was the issue on the wheels?

Trans cooler/fan set-up?
Front wheels had wrong mounting pad for my Wilwood brakes.
That is the transcooler and fan. Ran out of room out front and less heat for intercooler and condenser/rad.
Old 01-22-2021, 05:10 PM   #139
SCOTI

Quote:
Front wheels had wrong mounting pad for my Wilwood brakes.
That is the transcooler and fan. Ran out of room out front and less heat for intercooler and condenser/rad.
That's the 'what & why' I was assuming. Suck on the wheels.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 01-23-2021, 10:07 AM   #140
88Stanger

I like your build so far. That sucks on the wheels, but as with anything, time is just that... time. In the end, i am sure you will be happy and forget or at least try to ignore the wait.
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:21 AM   #141
vet57air

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
I like your build so far. That sucks on the wheels, but as with anything, time is just that... time. In the end, i am sure you will be happy and forget or at least try to ignore the wait.
It is frustrating. Budnik took responsibility back in September for the error and said they would fast track them in 4 weeks. Here we are in Jan and I don't have them yet. To fair, I'm sure they have had Covid issues. The winter still here and I won't be driving it for a couple months, but the truck is getting close and would be nice to roll.
Old 01-29-2021, 01:38 PM   #142
vet57air

Started to fabricate my intake. Still have to make the entrance, but I'm still debating on what type of air cleaner media to use? I have ample air coming in just limited with filter surface area which is about 3" x 21". Was looking at some panel filters, but possibly Uni foam maybe better in this instance?
Name:  20210129_092458.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  46.6 KB
Old 03-01-2021, 12:15 AM   #143
vet57air

Getting closer.
Name:  3 quarter.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  57.4 KB
Old 03-01-2021, 12:27 AM   #144
hank scorpio

Sure looks good!
Simpsons Nerd
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:49 AM   #145
SCOTI

Absolutely killer.

Did you get the intake set-up finalized?
Any further decision on the possible wheel set-up changes?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 03-01-2021, 11:04 AM   #146
88Stanger

that is awesome!!!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 01:26 PM   #147
vet57air

Quote:
Absolutely killer.

Did you get the intake set-up finalized?
Any further decision on the possible wheel set-up changes?
Thx. I did give up on the intake as I could not meet the GM requirements and came up with another design.
I plan to install the new rear wheels which have 1" less backspace... wish me luck. I will have 1/2" of clearance to box sides at ride height but on full compression on both sides it will reduce to 1/8". My issue with these trucks is due to the shape of the box sides when you go this low it requires you to pull the wheel in. I want it out as much as possible.
The front wheels are another story. I bought my Budnik wheels from a shop here in Canada that I have dealt with for 30 years. The fronts would not fit over the Wilwood 6 piston brakes. Back in September Budnik said they would make proper ones and they would fast track-4 weeks. Well after that it was another week, another 10 days etc. Same thing in Jan. I posted the issue on Lateral-g website and immediately got a reply from Jason Swain from Budnik. Says "they just got the material" should be done in 10 days. That was the beginning of last week. I called them again and talked to Sheila Budnik who said they should be ready this week. Has been very frustrating......sorry for the rant.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:05 PM   #148
SCOTI

Quote:
Thx. I did give up on the intake as I could not meet the GM requirements and came up with another design.
I plan to install the new rear wheels which have 1" less backspace... wish me luck. I will have 1/2" of clearance to box sides at ride height but on full compression on both sides it will reduce to 1/8". My issue with these trucks is due to the shape of the box sides when you go this low it requires you to pull the wheel in. I want it out as much as possible.
The front wheels are another story. I bought my Budnik wheels from a shop here in Canada that I have dealt with for 30 years. The fronts would not fit over the Wilwood 6 piston brakes. Back in September Budnik said they would make proper ones and they would fast track-4 weeks. Well after that it was another week, another 10 days etc. Same thing in Jan. I posted the issue on Lateral-g website and immediately got a reply from Jason Swain from Budnik. Says "they just got the material" should be done in 10 days. That was the beginning of last week. I called them again and talked to Sheila Budnik who said they should be ready this week. Has been very frustrating......sorry for the rant.
Yes sir, I can imagine. I've seen/followed the thread on Lat-g as well.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 03-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #149
vet57air

Quote:
Yes sir, I can imagine. I've seen/followed the thread on Lat-g as well.
Funny how things work. I just got a tracking number.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:23 PM   #150
SCOTI

Quote:
Funny how things work. I just got a tracking number.
Budnik does pay attention to Lat-g stuff so I'm betting that helped.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG