The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #1
Rokcrln

Project Penicillin~ 68 crewcab build up!

This is one of my new projects itbelongs to "extd56" one of the board members. I will be doing all the panel and rust removal as well as a full build up. extd56's plans for it are to fix all the rust(3 rockers and inner panels, both kick panels,cab corners and as of last night the passenger side winshield post and both passenger side doors. Then shorten the frame 12" (it is a long bed now) but leave the rear stock behind the rear wheels. Once this is done I will shorten the bed to fit and install a 91 burb 42gal gass tank under the rear and add a gass filler door to the passenger bed side. Next is to install a 91 TBI 454, AOD and T-case, 4" lift and 35" tires. Also I will be rewiring the truck with a painless harness, doing body work, smoothing the fire wall, paint the inside, door jambs and inner doors and the fire wall. If things stay the same the out side will be orange with a white top and burb trim around the cab just below the windows.

I will be posting pic's as I go and try and explane things as I go or as questions are asked. I will not get to all of them just because time is short and I am building this truck after a full days work. I will also be doing small jobs for others as they come up and inbetween steps on this project.

Just a quick note on this truck. It started out as a Suburban that was chopped behind the third door and a truck cab was grafted on the back. Who ever did the work originaly did it right and used the tops of the truck doors instead of leaving the square tops that so many people do when trying to build a truck like this. The top skin was cut off and laid back down an inch or so lower to get rid of the high roof on the stock burbs. Then it was placed on an 80's crew cab long bed frame and adjusted to fit. ight now it has a 350/350 combo with a T-case on the back.

First task will be the drivers side rocker..

Kevin
Attached Images

Last edited by Rokcrln; 02-11-2006 at 12:25 AM.
Rokcrln is offline   Reply With Quote