The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Jonny Hotnuts

Need advice about LS3 DRY swap

I am actively shopping (very active) for an LS3. I want to use the LS3 because of the aluminum block (100lbs weight savings) and in particular the LS3 with factory dry sump.

Now...before anyone says "search plenty of info" I did and am not really finding the info I need.

My questions:

70 c10 short. 3 speed column (converted to floor)

-Will the LS3 dry sump pan work?
-Any other issues using the dry sump motor?
-I read something about the LS3 reluctor wheel. WTF is the problem with it and what do I need to do about it?
-(this one is important)Is there anything I should really be looking for regarding 'make sure its included with the engine?' For instance do I need to insist it has something critical to the LS3 dry like the peddle, tank-hoses, ecu, harness or other thing important to the LS3/LS3 Dry?
-Is there a specific transmission I should be looking for that works 'better' with the LS3 in the c10? I am not adverse to an automatic or manual.
-Anything I should be looking for to say away from like: "dont get the flex fuel option" or "dont get the 64 bit ecu" or "stay away from blocks with 'x'' in the serial or other things like that?
-Will the LS3 dry headers work or will I need to get aftermarket or build custom?

Any thoughts on LS3 dry? Any builds with LS3 with factory dry sump?
Cant seem to find any info.

Thanks for any help!
~JH
Jonny Hotnuts is offline   Reply With Quote