The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2016, 02:57 AM   #10
izzy_Britton

Re: 1987 Fuel Sender Conversion for LSx Swap

Nice write up! your procedure and write up are almost exactly what i had envisioned in my head. it is very nice to see actual photos tho.

What fuel line are you using? i know you said it was braided but do you have a source and part number? i shop almost exclusively at JEGS for the simple reason they have free shipping and are usually a buck or two less than summit.

What fuel tank switching unit (under cab) are you using? source?

I am installing all this in a pre-FI truck so i gotta make harnesses from the sending units to power source. I am hunting up detailed info on the HOT WIRE 'kit'. this looks like no fun at all!

I am planning to use the corvette filter/regulator on my swap for simplicity reasons. I am planning (if it will actually work) to use aftermarket fuel rails so i can have a single fuel line from the reg to the rail to keep things less clustered. but i dunno yet if the aftermarket fuel rails are compatible with the truck intake manifolds. I think the aluminum intakes manifolds sure look cool, but my wallet doesnt think than the expense of the intake manifold for the use of cheap fuel rails is worth it.

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote