The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2018, 10:46 PM   #726
cornerstone

Re: 67 long box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaldoc View Post
It lives and it sounds great this time. Got it broke in and now to change the oil so I can beat on it.
YAAAAAYY !!!!

I went back as far as page 25 to see a pic of your truck (not a close up...) to no avail. Lets see one of her all shined up and maybe one or two pics of interior and engine bay?

Last edited by cornerstone; 08-23-2018 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I'm not that bright...
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #727
Metaldoc

Here it is all done for now.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2018, 12:31 AM   #728
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Looks good.
1967 Oshawa built LWB Fleetside. 327,3 OTT, 515 Vermilion, CST, PS, PB, Shoulder Harness, Tach,Vac, Speed Warning, Choke Delete, Manual Throttle, Fawn interior. Dealer installed A/C 04/2015, N34 Rosewood Wheel 06/2023
Members who I have met personally. Metaldoc, chevnkevin, 62 Longbed, 72LHorn, 72MARIO, YBNORML, TBONE1964, Classic Bowties, Chevemall, Dagnabbitt.
Canuckvetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 03:20 PM   #729
Metaldoc

Had to get a new battery and the posts are on the opposite sides. I could take it back but I just changed the wiring.
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2018, 10:20 PM   #730
Xeen

Quote:
Had to get a new battery and the posts are on the opposite sides. I could take it back but I just changed the wiring.
LOL no not an import battery that's blasphemy!
Old 08-25-2018, 11:49 PM   #731
cornerstone

Are those just reflections on your firewall? It kind of looks like lights mounted instead of a reflection. I love the combo of the real patina exterior and the showroom new shine in your engine bay. You've got something to be proud of there Derek.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:48 AM   #732
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Are those just reflections on your firewall? It kind of looks like lights mounted instead of a reflection. I love the combo of the real patina exterior and the showroom new shine in your engine bay. You've got something to be proud of there Derek.
Thanks man I've put the work in to it. There are lights mounted in the old washer tube holes plus two more. My engine needed mood lighting.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:30 AM   #733
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
LOL no not an import battery that's blasphemy!
I needed more cranking power and my old battery was 8 years old. No I didn't buy crap to replace it I'm done cheaping out. I bought an Eliminator with 850 CCA which should be better, the starter was slow after the rebuild.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:12 AM   #734
Xeen

Quote:
I needed more cranking power and my old battery was 8 years old. No I didn't buy crap to replace it I'm done cheaping out. I bought an Eliminator with 850 CCA which should be better, the starter was slow after the rebuild.
I am talking about the POS and NEG posts, they are reversed on imports as you found out when you went to hook it up.

Nice battery though.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:24 AM   #735
Metaldoc

I put the old one in after redoing the wiring and I could have changed it then but the battery seemed good. The new one looks better as for older style looking, more suited to my build. So changing the wiring it is. I also had and issue with the starter wire making contact with an aux power line at the starter. All fixed and ready to beat on.
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2018, 07:50 AM   #736
Chevys4life

Looking Good:
Chevys4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 05:42 PM   #737
Metaldoc

Had it out for a good run today and it runs great. Still have an electrical gremlin with it starting or not starting. I've got to go back and check my grounds and maybe add a few more to the cab and box. Everything has been repainted so it could just be that. 120kms in 5th on the highway and it sounds like it's barely running over idle. I should get a tack.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:06 PM   #738
Chevys4life

I didn't realize you had a 5 speed in there too. Nice!!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #739
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevys4life View Post
I didn't realize you had a 5 speed in there too. Nice!!
Yup thanks I put an NV3500 from 1995 chevy 1500 and man is it nice cruising now. P/S, P/B, P/W, P/L, A/C, disc front brakes, full stereo with blue tooth, new engine and a 5 speed . It's built for driving.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2018, 07:28 PM   #740
Orange67

Man I love checking on your thead. This truck is AWESOME. I show everyone I know pics I've saved of your build (and it's a lot!) Much respect, man. Great job.

'67 C20 CST Custom Camper
'04.5 LLY Duramax CCSB...sold
Orange67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #741
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange67 View Post
Man I love checking on your thead. This truck is AWESOME. I show everyone I know pics I've saved of your build (and it's a lot!) Much respect, man. Great job.
Thanks man, it does take a lot of dedication to build anything and for me it takes a bit more because of the headaches every day. But I try dam hard to put thought into every piece. I'm trying to figure out how to make a build video, I guess that's what kids are for.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:00 PM   #742
Metaldoc

I put about 200 miles on it today and I'm quite happy, happy, happy. Engine's running great and with the 5 speed, it's a new truck.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:06 PM   #743
Chevys4life

It sounds like a fun machine now!!!
Old 09-16-2018, 05:19 PM   #744
Metaldoc

Took it out to a car show in Paris Ont. today and the A/C was nice. Beautiful day and hot. My wife and I are married 23 years today and she still goes to the shows with me. She gets roses and I'm getting garbage rolls for dinner. Old people life.
Old 09-16-2018, 07:10 PM   #745
Orange67

Congratulations on 23 years, bud. My wife and I have 22 last July. It isnt common these days.

Your truck is an inspiration to me. Keep it up. Love your ideas and innovation.

'67 C20 CST Custom Camper
'04.5 LLY Duramax CCSB...sold
Orange67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:06 PM   #746
cornerstone

Quote:
Took it out to a car show in Paris Ont. today and the A/C was nice. Beautiful day and hot. My wife and I are married 23 years today and she still goes to the shows with me. She gets roses and I'm getting garbage rolls for dinner. Old people life.
Congratulations on 23 Years! I have a couple of questions...what is a garbage roll? Also...How hot can it get way up there in Canada? I remember what I used to think was "hot" some 27+ years ago when I lived up in Connecticut. I would gripe when we would get above 90 degrees. In Texas I have discovered a new level of hot, and I like the old hot much better.
Oh... and thanks for the pics of you completed truck, shes a real beauty for sure.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #747
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange67 View Post
Congratulations on 23 years, bud. My wife and I have 22 last July. It isnt common these days.

Your truck is an inspiration to me. Keep it up. Love your ideas and innovation.
Thanks man it is tough to stay together especially when I'm sick all the time. She's a keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
Congratulations on 23 Years! I have a couple of questions...what is a garbage roll? Also...How hot can it get way up there in Canada? I remember what I used to think was "hot" some 27+ years ago when I lived up in Connecticut. I would gripe when we would get above 90 degrees. In Texas I have discovered a new level of hot, and I like the old hot much better.
Oh... and thanks for the pics of you completed truck, shes a real beauty for sure.
Thanks and garbage rolls are what I call cabbage rolls. Today was 28C with 96% humidity took it to 39C , dry heat is different I thought. Still hot for this guy.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:54 PM   #748
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Congrats on the 23 years. Sorry about the heat lol. I was going to take to the old truck to the Radium Show in BC with my wife of 35yrs. last weekend (yes she too still goes to the odd show) but woke up to an inch of snow. Posi plus no weight in the rear equals no fun in snow! We ended up in Calgary with my Tacoma for the weekend.
Glad you are getting to enjoy the truck. I'm back in Ontario Oct 1st to 10th for a visit. Maybe I could get a ride now you got it running good.

Cheers!
1967 Oshawa built LWB Fleetside. 327,3 OTT, 515 Vermilion, CST, PS, PB, Shoulder Harness, Tach,Vac, Speed Warning, Choke Delete, Manual Throttle, Fawn interior. Dealer installed A/C 04/2015, N34 Rosewood Wheel 06/2023
Members who I have met personally. Metaldoc, chevnkevin, 62 Longbed, 72LHorn, 72MARIO, YBNORML, TBONE1964, Classic Bowties, Chevemall, Dagnabbitt.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:36 PM   #749
Metaldoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckvetter View Post
Congrats on the 23 years. Sorry about the heat lol. I was going to take to the old truck to the Radium Show in BC with my wife of 35yrs. last weekend (yes she too still goes to the odd show) but woke up to an inch of snow. Posi plus no weight in the rear equals no fun in snow! We ended up in Calgary with my Tacoma for the weekend.
Glad you are getting to enjoy the truck. I'm back in Ontario Oct 1st to 10th for a visit. Maybe I could get a ride now you got it running good.

Cheers!
Thanks man and the same back. Ya I saw that you guys had snow, that sucks too early. I should be home during the week but busy on the weekend. For sure drop by. I still enjoy my rear wheel drive for sliding around in winter just not the old one.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #750
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Quote:
Thanks man and the same back. Ya I saw that you guys had snow, that sucks too early. I should be home during the week but busy on the weekend. For sure drop by. I still enjoy my rear wheel drive for sliding around in winter just not the old one.
Any little parts you need that I might be able to bring on the plane?