The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #26
Rockstargraphics

Re: Resurrecting an ole beast 1986 GMC Wrangler

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE. Well to start I went to bed at 5am and got up at 9am for work...Which sucked ass! Well here is the picture whoring update!!

So I got 5 guys to help and lift off the cab, we disconnected everything so that way everything went smoothly and took pictures of everything.

Here is a picture of the interior door panel. With all the pretty Options
(The paint chip is because I didn't paint the panel properly its black but the top was sun bleached so I re sprayed it)

Original bench seat I love the condition!!

Here is the rest of the tear down!!

Now that the cab is off its time to get more walking room in the shop and get more scrap weight Time for some grinding!!

Thats better

Well everyone this is how she sits Time to go to bed and watch SOA and come back Wednesday

We are going to be shaving the fire wall that will be Wednesday
And some other fabrication work!

Thanks for reading!
Rockstargraphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #27
Rockstargraphics

Hello everyone I had a slow day yesterday not as much as usual, I took everything off the fire wall to be powder coated and to be re run through a different place. Here are a few pictures

Alot of powder coating is being done I have them my Alt brackets and AC brackets and hardware to be coated. and gave them the housing of my alt. I am getting it all done for free as a sponsorship so I'm extremely happy about that.

And I got a phone call from Mega Speed they are liking the progress on the truck. And I have a 75% chance to be on the acceptance list.

Thanks for Reading Everyone.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #28
Zebb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstargraphics View Post
Alot of powder coating is being done I have them my Alt brackets and AC brackets and hardware to be coated. and gave them the housing of my alt. I am getting it all done for free as a sponsorship so I'm extremely happy about that.

And I got a phone call from Mega Speed they are liking the progress on the truck. And I have a 75% chance to be on the acceptance list.
Care to elaborate on these two things that you mentioned?
Zebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #29
Rockstargraphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebb View Post
Care to elaborate on these two things that you mentioned?
What you mean?
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #30
Zebb

The sponsorship and the 75% chance to be on the acceptance list.

The only sponsorship I get is when somebody shows up with their own beer and I don't have to buy.
Well know that I think of it I was approached years ago before I started my build by someone that I used to mud bog with about turning my truck into a modified mud truck with him supplying the funds. It didn't take me long to turn his money away instead of giving up any control over the future of my truck and not being able to drive it on the street and enjoy it daily.
Zebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #31
Rockstargraphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebb View Post
The sponsorship and the 75% chance to be on the acceptance list.

The only sponsorship I get is when somebody shows up with their own beer and I don't have to buy.
Well know that I think of it I was approached years ago before I started my build by someone that I used to mud bog with about turning my truck into a modified mud truck with him supplying the funds. It didn't take me long to turn his money away instead of giving up any control over the future of my truck and not being able to drive it on the street and enjoy it daily.
I have a powder coating sponsorship which is BlastaCoat
I have a Performance Sponsorship which is Performancesales.ca
And some more....

The acceptance list is getting accepted into the show!
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #32
Rockstargraphics

Heres a little update it was a slow Monday due to some things not on my motor anymore.
Well lets get started I started on the harness Just cleaning it all up and taping it all, going to be extending it soon but for now I just wanted it easy to run.
Here are some before pictures.

I will have after pictures on Wednesday I forgot to take them.

ITS HERE!!!

We got everything hooked up but came to a halt due to getting too tired also I didn't know exactly what to take off and just a shortage of tools due to breaking two ratchets.

Its a small update sorry guys but due to not knowing exactly what to take off I decided to pack it in at 3am will be back at the grind on Wednesday hopefully you guys know whats the easiest part of the mount to take off.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #33
Rockstargraphics

HERE WE GO EVERYONE BIG STEP HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!

First we pulled the motor off the little bit of frame thats left from the original truck Its sad but good. We pulled her off nice and smooth and layed it down on two tires for now and un hooked it here are some pictures of the process.

Dam ***** decided to have her period

And she is out, here is whats left of the frame.

Since I have so many pictures I have to do a Part 2....
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #34
Rockstargraphics

Hello everyone back for a part too, I rolled the new frame in and took the tarp off and look what fell onto the ground! ICE thats right Ice thats how cold it is up here so everyone knows and I have a non heated garage sept for the little space heater which does work great for what we need. Here are some pictures of the progress!!

ICE!!

And more progress...

This frame was different Fuel and Brake lines ran on the same side... Werid but of well!

Well we disconnected the fuel and power steering lines and cut off the exhaust for scrap.

She lifted nice and easy all we did was lift it all the way up and rolled the frame back outside.

I found out that the motor that came with the new frame was a 305 which is werid but oh well. I am taking what I want off it and sending her to scrap as well.

Now I have to drop the exhaust and start the fabrication on the frame

Here is where she stands!

Thanks for reading Part 1 and Part 2 of the motor swap. Took us 2 hours to do it all. Rest was cleaning up and getting ready for the new frame to roll in....

CHEERS
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Rockstargraphics

Good day everyone!

Well we started stripping the frame as I mentioned here is some update pictures, we took off most of the paint and little surface rust off the whole frame right down to bare metal in most spots I went and bought $3 Primer just to see where we have done and to seal it, Its all going to be sanded off the day paint job and a fresh proper coat of primer but some fabrication has to be done first Here are some pictures that everyone loves.

Well this is where she sits for now. alot of progress done just prepping for fab work and paint will be working on Fire wall tonight

SNEAK PEAK!! (****ty Picture)

Thanks for reading! More Feedback the better!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #36
Rockstargraphics

Stayed late last night left about 3am again.... 90 days people!! But I started to prep and prime the firewall for paint, taped off the truck and everything. My buddy whos a body man came in to help a little. It turned out good but not completed yet! Here are some pictures.

Well that was alot of pictures.... I only primed it to see all he imperfections so I can make it smoother. Fabricator is going to come in and fill in some holes.

Sneak Peak!

Didn't know if you guys would care but here is the Stamping from the Factory I thought you guys would think its pretty cool too see. Shows the amazing condition of the frame!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
Rockstargraphics

Well hello everyone we are back on track! I had my first hiccup which lasted a week but everything solid now. The fabricator doing my shaving flopped so I didn't wanna wait any longer so I brought the frame from outside and cleaned off the primer. I cleaned off one side of the garage so that way we can start putting this beast back together!!! Here are some pictures of the cleaning!

BEFORE

AFTER

The cab was ready to be put on really quick once I was told the frame isn't being done!

THIS FRAME IS BEAST!
We had to deflate the tires in order to put the cab on, with four (Not Tall Guys) lifting it wasn't easy the first time to bye bye air!

After the air in the tires were out it made it so much easier!

Yes I know it not all the way on I have not finished everything that I wanna do yet. To its just sitting on the back hump.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #38
Hankster

anymore progress on this thing?

'86 Chevrolet C10 Custom Deluxe - Gen V 454 - 4l80e - welded 12 bolt
(Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=611611 ) SOLD
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote