The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
Mugs_72

CPP Customer service...

As many others have said here on multiple occasions, beware of CPP's customer service. I won an EBay auction for one of their power steering boxes. When item arrived it was for a 55-57 pickup. After repeated calls being placed on hold for 20 min plus, I emailed them and finally got an answer back. Said they would email me an RMA return shipping label and ship out the correct part. After a couple days, I had no label or tracking info on new part. Finally got someone on the phone and they told me new part would ship that day and return label would be in box. Finally received correct part about 10 days after the original showed up. I had also started a case with EBay because of the lack of communication, so there would be a record. After i gave them a 3 star review and commented on their less than stellar customer service, I'm now blocked from bidding on their auctions. Pretty childish of them if you ask me. They even blocked me from messaging them on EBay. Their parts that I have received seem to be of good quality, but I'll have to get them from Summit in the future...
Mugs_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:23 PM   #2
Rufas

Re: CPP Customer service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugs_72 View Post
As many others have said here on multiple occasions, beware of CPP's customer service. I won an EBay auction for one of their power steering boxes. When item arrived it was for a 55-57 pickup. After repeated calls being placed on hold for 20 min plus, I emailed them and finally got an answer back. Said they would email me an RMA return shipping label and ship out the correct part. After a couple days, I had no label or tracking info on new part. Finally got someone on the phone and they told me new part would ship that day and return label would be in box. Finally received correct part about 10 days after the original showed up. I had also started a case with EBay because of the lack of communication, so there would be a record. After i gave them a 3 star review and commented on their less than stellar customer service, I'm now blocked from bidding on their auctions. Pretty childish of them if you ask me. They even blocked me from messaging them on EBay. Their parts that I have received seem to be of good quality, but I'll have to get them from Summit in the future...
Summit is your best bet. They have great customer service and very flexible return policy.
350 SBC 300hp
Weiand Supercharger
FiTech EFI
Rufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
OregonNed

Summit is awesome! Once I ordered nice stainless trim rings. one was perfect, and the other one was covered with greasy finger prints and bent up (apparently a return that got resent on my order). they replaced it immediately on my word. Great company!
Old 03-11-2018, 10:32 PM   #4
Lifesgood

Absolutely, Summit cant be beat!!! Their tech line, customer service, and return policy is fantastic! CPP sells good stuff, but I buy it thru Summit.
Lifesgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
MCB Matt

One thing you guys have to remember is MAP pricing. Whatever you buy from a big box store is priced at MAP... We are all legally bound to only advertise at the price each manufacture states. This is commonly RETAIL or about 5% off retail. Mom n Pop shops like us also must follow these rules but we CAN sell at whatever price we choose.

That is what keeps the economy rolling, buying from smaller companies that truly count on customers appreciating the one on one attention, product knowledge and ability to "Fix" anything that goes wrong.

MCB
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #6
mike16

way back about 12 years ago thier service was very very bad. played the same game with me. I should never have even done business with them. I tried to buy a vacuum power brake booster set up. I did my homework and told them what I wanted and the jerk had the nerve to start screaming at me that I did not know what I was talking about. I told him that this was my order and take it or leave it. Big BIG mistake. they sent me some KaRap that no way would have fit or worked. charged me for it, a price I would never have agreed to. ended up paying almost 200$ in shipping and restocking fee's. so help me GOD... never again with those %*&@#5
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:57 AM   #7
nikwho

This is interesting to read, after my recent experience with CPP. I ordered some C10 trailing arm boxing plates, bushings, axle pads, drop blocks and u-bolts. I realized that I had two sets of u-bolts ordered, as the boxing plate's kit came with them. So, I called, gave them my order number, spoke to a guy who understood and told me that he would fix the order by removing the kit that had the u-bolts and drop blocks, and replace that kit with just two drop blocks, saving me $16. Cool. Well, over a week later I received an email that indicated that all he had done was add an additional set of drop blocks, and didn't remove the original kit that included the drop blocks and u-bolts! That email also wasnt even the shipoing confirmation. It was notification that the oarts would be shipping soon. Now I've been charged for two sets of drop blocks and two sets of u-bolts! So, I was frustrated and work progress was being held up, so I emailed them telling them that I would like to cancel my order. Well, all of a sudden, everything had "been shipped", and I was told that it was too late. So, I refused delivery, not wanting to fight about shipping return costs and return issues. So, they've got their parts back. This all started on May 17th. I'm hopeful for a refund soon. If not, I'll just dispute thecharge, I guess. I'mtrying to be patient. Told them that they could correct the order, just cancel the boxing plates, as I have since made my own, and just refund me the difference. I received an email from a frustrated customer service guy telling me that I should have accepted the delivery and he would have refunded me & let me keep the extra parts. So, I apparently frustrated them, unfortunately.

My single other transaction with them was about 8 years ago, when I ordered a pair of their tubular a arms for my '67 Pontiac. The powdercoating was so thin, there was exposed metal. I started in with them, but saw the writing on the wall and just masked the arm and spray painted the thin area and sucked it up.

So, I've certainly had less than ideal interaction with CPP. I'm hoping that they fix this latest issue, which would keep me coming back. I would have probably not had issue's (other than very slow order processing and shipping times) had I not had to change my order around after making it.

I found it interesting to see this thread in here. Hope they can fix their customer service department!

Nik
Old 06-06-2018, 03:17 AM   #8
Blazerowner

I’ll vouch for MCB above. I got all my items fast and the guy really wants to take care of you.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:24 AM   #9
MCB Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerowner View Post
I’ll vouch for MCB above. I got all my items fast and the guy really wants to take care of you.
Thanks, I appreciate it. We do the best we can everyday here and it is NOT easy at all to keep up on hundreds of suppliers!
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
Old 06-08-2018, 09:57 PM   #10
Clyde65
1965 Chevy C10, 2005 4.8L/4l60

Ditto for Matt! Only good things to say from me!!

Rebuild of Clyde
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post8338184

69 Aristocrat Lo Liner build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...84#post7561684

support our troops!
Clyde65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:49 AM   #11
SIXTY9

I received excellent customer service with MCB Matt and will do business with them again.

Wally
SIXTY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #12
Willie Makeit

MCB Matt has taken great care of me in the past as well. I would MUCH rather spend my hard-earned dollars with a small business owner/operator. Thanks Matt!
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:42 AM   #13
MCB Matt

Thank you to all. I must say happy Monday too, even though Monday's are no fun!

Thanks again for the support here on the forum, we truly appreciate it.
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com