The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2024, 02:54 PM   #1
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

electrical pin removal question

I need to replace the end connector on my bobcat attachment harness. I bought the new connector and it came with what I assume are pin removal tools (no directions, not that I read them most of the time) The yellow one was the 1st one I tried and broke it straight away (did I mention I am heavy handed) it looks like I need to shave the face of the old connecter off because the holes are not round from damage, which is why I think I broke the little plastic tool. Anyone know the correct name for the tool so I can order new ones? I would prefer to find metal ones if that is a thing. Never had a tool for this, usually just hack away at the old plug until I can get them free but as expensive as the full harness is for this I would rather not chance damage to the wiring. Is there a trick to doing this so I don't damage the wire ends? I would assume I have to push the wire into the back of the connector a little and then put the tool in from the front to allow the retainer to go past allowing the wire to come out. I guess if that is the case, I would be smart to put the old connector back in to the bracket so I can free up my 3rd & 4th hand.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote