The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-07-2004, 11:13 AM   #1
camarossguy2

1990 K5 Blazer turbo diesel

Hey guys
New to the forum obviously, howdy!

Im currently in the market for a 80s full size blazer.
I found a black 1990 blazer witht he 6.2l diesel in it. it has a/c but doesn't work, interior and drivers door are in bad condition, no rust, runs great 118,000 miles
I have been looking around on the net for the last couple days but have not found the information i have been looking for. so this seemed to be one of the bigger forums so i figure i would ask them here

How much would you pay for the above blazer? I think i can get it for around $1200

Hows the 6.2s? a friend of mine had a suburban with the 6.2 and seemed pretty good, although little slow but good mpg and tq. Should i look for a gas one instead?

Is there a "facts" page i can read? looking to find if these trucks came with overdive and general specs on the the blazer(gears, etc) and on the 6.2(CR, bore storke, hp/tq)
Also something that explains the differences in the year of blazers, i know they made some cosmetic changes but what else?

What are the rear tops made from? I have my own homemade paint booth and i will be painting it, but they look to be vinial or some kinda fabric? can this be striped to paintable metal?

I Read that about a 4'' lift and 35'' tire are about the max your can do with out moddifing the brakes and steering. correct?

Im should theres plenty of infor on this but i figure it would hurt asking it here as well. Is banks the only kit for the 6.2l diesel? Are there alot of your who fab up your own kits? what size turbo? how much boost? is there room for and intercooler?

Sorry for all the question. Im very firmilar with computerized cars and fuel injection, old school stuff is to easy for my lol any other tips, recomendations GRETALY APRECIATED!

New setup, 355ci, heads/cam P1-sc twin intercooled through a 10 bolt...eeek

My 97 SS website
camarossguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:19 AM   #2
cochino12
It followed me home?

welcom to the board. I dont know much abou the 6.2 but try this site
ck5.com you will find all the info you need about k5's there. Good luck

That's why they call it a shortcut Kyle, if it was easy it would just be the way.

86 c-10 SWB
85 CCSB
90 GMC K30 Crew SRW
1985 C30 Dually
cochino12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 02:17 PM   #3
Jonboy
Slots go on anything!

I would guess that truck would probably have 3.42 or 3.73 gears in it. $1200 sounds pretty cheap.

Arveetek just added his own turbo kit to his 6.2. There is a thread in the 73-87 board. Looks pretty sharp, but not sure about the intercooler.

4" and 35's are about as big as you would want to go without doing too many mods. I used a 6" lift on a 75 Blazer, and we ended up putting double shocks on each corner, longer brake lines, and the dropped drag link too. 4" is a lot cheaper.

The top is made of sheet molded compound, like fibreglass. It has a texture in the paint, which sands off easily. Most of the tops I paint I smooth out.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
camarossguy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy
I would guess that truck would probably have 3.42 or 3.73 gears in it. $1200 sounds pretty cheap.

Arveetek just added his own turbo kit to his 6.2. There is a thread in the 73-87 board. Looks pretty sharp, but not sure about the intercooler.

4" and 35's are about as big as you would want to go without doing too many mods. I used a 6" lift on a 75 Blazer, and we ended up putting double shocks on each corner, longer brake lines, and the dropped drag link too. 4" is a lot cheaper.

The top is made of sheet molded compound, like fibreglass. It has a texture in the paint, which sands off easily. Most of the tops I paint I smooth out.

Yah i read Arveetek post already, thats close to what i would be doing. so, we will see.
Thanks for the replys guys!

New setup, 355ci, heads/cam P1-sc twin intercooled through a 10 bolt...eeek

My 97 SS website
camarossguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote