The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
elks

Show Cars...

So I am planning way ahead. I want my truck to be totally awesome and show quality when I am done. But I want it to look stock as well. Do most car shows shows have a class for original/restoration projects? I am wanting it to look like it came off the show room floor, but also be something that can lay some rubber.

If they do have a classic/resto class, can I get by in the class by building a 383 stroker? And have it look stock? My truck has all matching numbers, plus some cool original paper work for it.

If I add a bunch of chrome to motor compartment will it not qualify for original class?

Thanks a bunch. I have so many options.
elks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
big_al_71

Re: Show Cars...

It all depends what style you like. My truck I wanted it to look stock. When you look at it it looks like a regular c10 lowered with wheels. The powertrain is completely far from stock. I also wanted a driver not a trailer queen so for that exact reason is why I did not built a 100 point vehicle.
Attached Images

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:51 PM   #3
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: Show Cars...

Most show venues have a class for stock and custom. Most measure the custom by the number of aftermarket changes on the vehicle. I have seen the number 3 used a lot. Example: wheels, engine and a custom steering wheel = custom.

So, if you like a factory look, but want to do modifications, then they must be really subtle to stay in the stock realm. However, that is where the classes are the smallest in number of vehicles, Custom is loaded heavily at most shows.

By the way, you don't live to dang far away---bring that pretty truck to our show in Riverside, Mo. For the All TRuck Nationals in September. There were members of this Web there last year and they vowed to make a large enough showing in 2009 to blot out the number of the competition members from the "Stovebolt" club.
piecesparts is offline   Reply With Quote