The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2008, 05:57 AM   #1
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

The Project formerly known as "E.P." now known as Bruise N' Cruise

E.P. for Empty Pockets that is. Bought my first ever truck after driving the hand me down Saturn my parents gave me for my 16th b-day. It's a 1967 C10, SWB, small window, has a 250 inline six and two speed powerglide transmition. It's going to be a HUGE learning experience for me as I don't know too much about automotives but I've got a great desire to learn. This is going to go extremely slow as I'm only 16 and I only get $130.00 to spend on it every month. My job pays minimum wage, I only get like 13 hours a week, and every other paycheck goes to insurance. I'll be asking lots of questions as I start with the build on certain things, first ones going to be on the wheel cylinder. How do you get the bolt off that's holding on the wheel cylinder? Me and my dad finally ended up taking an impact wrench to it and it still didn't break, is there some trick to getting it off? Also, what is the part located between the hood and the windshield, it's severely messed up and I need to get a new one for the truck. Heres some pictures of us bringing it home from Moultrie and then some of the wheel cylinder and other miscellaneous pictures for you guys to look at. By the way, the truck runs and drives, it just has absolutely no breaks so we're replacing them. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.

As for the part mentioned above, does anyone have one they are willing to sell or give me a quote for one?

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 03-11-2008 at 12:13 AM.
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote