The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2021, 10:54 AM   #1
Lethal Tendencies

Carpet question

Going to order carpet from rock auto. 80/20 loop. Don't know history of my truck. Has high hump, 2wd, gas tank not in cab, auto on floor , 350 turbo trans

Not sure if original auto on floor . So do I just order the one listed for no cab tank and 400 trans ?
Lethal Tendencies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 11:51 AM   #2
geunther

Re: Carpet question

Yes, I understand that his how they differentiate high hump from integral low was by the transmission. None had the auto shifter on the floor originally so if that is where yours shifts, you will have to cut the carpet.
geunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 12:43 PM   #3
MDFarms

My question is who has the best carpet on market? Mine is a k10 auto with tank relocated to rear of truck.
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 01:02 PM   #4
cj847

Most of the carpet on the market is made by Auto Custom Carpet (ACC). It is good quality and fit in my opinion.
cj847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
LS short box

Just my .02 but if you order carpet from Summit you should get free shipping.
2X most auto carpet is ACC.
On my C10 project I also moved the gas tank to the rear. Seemed like the carpet for behind the rear seat was way over priced.
I went to local upoltrery shop and bought "trunk" liner. Then after I added dyna mat to the rear cab panel I just glued the trunk liner to the dyna mat.
Pic before carpet installed.
Attached Images

LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 07:09 PM   #6
mr.mud1

X3 on ACC.I sold ACC for years and installed a bunch of them for guys that were,for whatever reason,not able or interested in doing it themselves.the 80/20 is what the trucks came with.there are for some models,a choice of 80/20 or cut pile.cut pile is furry stuff like came in an 80 Camaro and in my opinion,doesn't look right.don't ask me how i ended up with a Trim Parts carpet in my 67 impala wagon but it was 2 carpets in one,my first Trim Parts carpet and my last.i just ordered a new carpet from Rock Auto,it was an ACC carpet for a turbo 400 72 truck,high floor and i ordered the floor mats at the same time,also from ACC.fit like a glove.the colour is dark olive green,looks almost gray in the picture but a very bright day and over exposed,but the colour was right on.take care.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 08:43 PM   #7
sfont66

The ACC carpet sold at Rock auto fits great in my opinion.
I just ordered carpet for my 72 C10 again a few days ago. I was completely satisfied with the first one purchased in March of 2020, but I spun a rod bearing in my 350, and decided to replace the engine and transmission with a Ls and T56 magnum 6 speed.
The old transmission was a sm465 and the shifter is in a different location, and thus the hole in the carpet as well.
I would gladly give the carpet with the hole cut to fit the sm465 4 speed to a member in need.
New carpet 80/20 with the mass backing is pretty cheap really, $207.00 including tax and shipping. So it would most likely need to be some one close.

Any interested member willing to pick it up near Pine city MN, can have my old carpet for free, it still looks new, it has the holes cut for the 4 speed, bench seat, and seat belts.
The carpet is black , ACC 17905232, fits a high hump, 4 speed truck without gas tank in cab, carpet goes all the way to the back, but it could be cut if needed.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:50 PM   #8
super72swb

I ordered the AAC carpet for a 66 I was working on with matching floor mats. I like it so much I ordered the the floor carpet, floor mats and back wall carpet. Very pleased!

AAC x4
super72swb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:24 PM   #9
MDFarms

I see a company OC Carpets offers the ACC carpet line. I think I will give them a shot.

Question I have a blue/white Cheyenne Super I'm building, my door panels are parchment with woodgrain inserts but I do not like the Cheyenne seat in Parchment with black hounds tooth inserts. I realize it will match the carpet, and dash pad being black but still wish it was blue hounds tooth. I like the Highlander plaid in parchment with blue plaid. Would that be a mistake on my build? No intentions of selling so personal preference but none the less would not be correct,

Thoughts?
MDFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 10:57 PM   #10
towbar

Location: Marshall, NC....heart of the Appalachians.....aka, Gods country!!

ACC by far!! Other carpets I've used never fit well, ACC always fits....trim carefully at edge!
towbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #11
FRCvette

I just installed ACC carpet in my truck last weekend, fit was nice and was easy install. Very happy with it. I did take it out of the box and let it lay spread out on a bed for a couple of weeks before install.

1967 c10 swb Stepside
2004 SSR
2013 Silverado swb
FRCvette is offline   Reply With Quote