The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #1
closeonlycounts

86 S15 Jimmy ECM b fuse keeps blowing

Hi,
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. I've seen many posts with this problem and all hav solved it. I've tried everything suggested on every post and nothing has worked. I am not getting any fuel to the TBI and the ECM b fuse blows whenever i turn the power on. I have already replaced the oil pressure sensor, fuel pump, fuel pump relay (I think I have anyway), and the ignition control module. I had the coil checked and that was fine too. Please, I will take any feedback. It's a daily driver so I need it back as soon as possible.

Also, I'm not exactly sure which relay is for the fuel pump. I have 4 on the driver's side.

Another thing is that it is not exactly a Jimmy, it's an S15 Sierra Classic, so there are a few parts here and there that are slightly different. It complicates things for me sometimes.
closeonlycounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
dadsbrew

Re: 86 S15 Jimmy ECM b fuse keeps blowing

Had that problem this weekend. The wiring harness from the fuel relay on the drivers side goes to the passenger side into the firewall under the heater and to the ecm. had a wire get grounded out and blow the fuse to the ecm which then leaves no power to the fuel pump relay. check the harness and make sure it is not pinched where it wraps around the tranny bellhousing

"The probability of someone watching you is directly proportional to the stupidity of your actions"

Last edited by dadsbrew; 01-30-2008 at 01:44 PM.
dadsbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
closeonlycounts

alright! finally something that might actually get me somewhere! thanks a lot! i'll look for it tomorrow morning.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

I cant remember but I think the pump power is fed from that fuse. i have seen metal clamps on the sender hose slide down shorting across the pump leads.
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #5
closeonlycounts

that's actually what it was. the two terminals to the fuel pump were in contact and were shorting out the fuse. thanks though. hopefully this will help anyone else with the same problem.