The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-07-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
tonkatrux2

Don't buy CPP Crap

I bought over 4500 in cpp parts I had issue with rear brake kit was
wrong they sent me 5 lug car not truck like ordered. They charged me to send out new one. I boxed up wrong parts now I am shipping back to them for their f- up thats 70.00 more dollars I am out. Now I have to wait till they inspect parts I am sending back to get money back less shipping . Had issue with headers got from them had little damage on them the wanted me to pay shipping back on those I just kept those and used them. Point is how do these company's stay in business running like this. What a joke
tonkatrux2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:11 PM   #2
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Don't buy CPP Crap

That is why a lot of folks deal at Early Classic Enterprises. Their service whether befotre or after the sale is top notch.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:45 PM   #3
JointTech

how can they charge you for shipping on their screwup? I can see them making you pay it and when they get the old item back and it is wrong as you stated then theyd refund the shipping. I went over there. Wasnt impressed with the staff. not all that friendly at the counter. And the showroom isnt worth the drive. And theres the fact that every 3rd post is somebody getting screwed or it being chinese crap. They do stock POR-15 which I needed on a saturday and they are only 30 or 45 minutes away.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
tonkatrux2

this is why I posted this I just don't get how a company can stay in business this way. I will not put up with this crap from a company I will tell everyone I know. I hope I can help one person from not buying anything from them I paid it forward. my 70 lost I hope causes them to lose 1000s in future business. Till we stop buying from places like this that's the service we can expect. Demand better and reward ones that do it right.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:36 PM   #5
JointTech

ye there are board vendors that sell and stock CPP stuff that can make it right. Scotts hot rod took really good care of me with a CPP screwup. glad I didn't have to deal with them directly.
JointTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:43 AM   #6
'68 Newtricks

I lucked out in that I'm also close by and bought my stuff at an auto swap meet for way less than I would have online. But yes, having said that, I wouldn't buy from them if I had to do it over again. Some stuff is nice and some stuff is just repackaged crap.

I had them send out the wrong calipers twice. I wanted black, it said black on the shipping receipt, but each time it was the wrong color or not coated at all. Not to mention missing parts, excuses for how things are assembled wrong, and not staying current with new trends. My upper control arms have 9/16 holes for 1/2 studs. The slop is on purpose (as they explained to me) but it's inexcusable. I bushed them myself to make it right. Never mind everything you bolt up has the cheapest hardware possible. I'm not holding my truck together with cheap bolts, lock washers, and nuts. I've spent ~$300 in PROPER hardware for the ~$6,000 in CPP stuff I've purchased. (it was a one time purchase) I don't know who actually makes some of the stuff they sell, cause I also see it sold many other places under another name.

Truck isn't on the road yet. Hoping it all works out.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
tonkatrux2

I did same thing bought all new hardware also. Its my fault for not looking into it more I guess it's the budget I have was biggest thing. But in long run should have spent little more for a lot better service and parts. Buy from someone that cares not just about how much junk they can pawn off on people.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
Lee H

With all due respect, CPP products are usually good and generally high quality. Their customer service is non existent, they will never admit a mistake on their end, and there's many. Some of the other boards I frequent have the same complaints. And what makes it worse, they immediately begin a condescending customer blame game when and if you can get ahold of anybody. I've tried to return a few items in person and it's difficult at best, even when it's a brand new never used wrong for the application part. The only advise I can give is to order through a third party, many have great customer service and what's better is they have the leverage to get CPP's attention where you and I do not. They obviously do not care about the individual retail customer.

1965 Corvette roadster, 44K miles, 327/365 SHP, 4 speed, side exhaust, knockoffs, teak, second owner (bought in 1970), Have ALL numbers matching components.

My frame off restoration thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556703
Lee H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:23 PM   #9
tonkatrux2

I guess should worded don't buy cpp as a company they are crap.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
theastronaut

We just bought $4100 worth of CPP's Stage 4 Pro-Touring kit and other parts for a '68 Chevelle. Bought it off their ebay store since it was cheaper and shipping was free. Only problem so far was they sent two sets of rear brake caliper mounting kits, and we were missing the front mounting kit. Sent a message through ebay and they're shipping a front kit out, no charge and they didn't want the extra rear kit back. No complaints so far, all parts have been top quality. Everything on the suspension has bolted up exactly like it should have, haven't got the brakes installed yet though. Will know this week how the brakes fit.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #11
tonkatrux2

Lucky you for sure glad it's working out. Guess they worry about ebay customers more than their dealers because I can't leave neg feed back thru my dealer like can on ebay. Now brake lines are wrong front is stainless and rear they sent oem steel great hear we go again.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #12
tonkatrux2

Like I said before I think parts are ok but they need to fix customer service and read invoice better and work with people pulling parts to get stuff right first time.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Several years ago I had a customer who wanted me to install some CPP upper and lower a-arms. I requested initially (as I always prefer) either Hotchkis or Global West but he opted for the cheaper stuff. Cheaper as in both price AND quality-mig welded seams vs tig, etc. Anyway, up in the air everything was good-lowered car down and took it for a drive. Loud scraping/grinding could be heard the entire time we drive it....wtf? Well turned out CPP obviously doesn't compete or sponsor any serious race drivers to field test their stuff like other real companies or else they'd have know that their round lower ball joint pocket needed a taper so as NOT to dig into the back of an OEM disc brake backing plate/dust shield! That was my first experience with them and I would never suggest them. Of all things to save a buck on, DO NOT do it with brakes and suspension stuff! Support the real US companies designing and testing their stuff! My rule of thumb? If they don't say it Made in the USA, it most likely isn't!
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:29 AM   #14
tonkatrux2

I had a real big problem this week the lower ball joints they sent out fell out the bottom after i pressed them in with press I set truck down heard a funny noise so I looked around the lower ball joint pushed out bottom of a arm. So I went to parts store bought moog lowers put a set of calipers on them ones they sent they are .06 smaller than moog. I pressed moog in will ball joint press this time so I could tell how much pressure it took fixed my problem. This could have hurt me or my truck so watch this stuff I knew better than go with them.